New beers available this week across Minnesota
Looking for a taste of these great new beers? The icon indicates beers available at Dabbler Depot. Keep in mind—stock is limited! Check dabblerdepot.com or text (651)-802-2112 for availability.
3 Floyds Brewing
Bauhaus Brew Labs
The Frostbox variety pack is back, available in stores and on draft at select locations, including:
- Dampf Punk – A Bavarian-style dampfbier, pouring at 4.8% ABV, 15 IBU.
- Fest Coast – A modern German-style festbier at 5.9% ABV, 20 IBU.
- Schwandtoberfest – A 5.7% ABV, 12 IBU Oktoberfest lager.
- Festbier – Available now in Mora.
Bent Paddle Brewing Co.
- Italiano Jones – A 5.5% ABV, 33 IBU Italian-style Pilsner pilot batch, available at the Bent Paddle taproom exclusively.
- Pivot – A 4.6% ABV, 30 IBU pale ale pilot batch beer, available at the taproom.
Bucks Mill Brewing
- Helga – A blonde stout aged on coffee, roasted cocoa nibs, and Amburana wood, which adds a cinnamon-like flavor. 5.3% ABV, 36 IBU.
Cuyuna Brewing Co.
- Dave’s Lakeside Campfire – “Now on tap and it’s best enjoyed just as its name suggests, by a lakeside campfire,” says Cuyuna.
- Spiced Maple Fizz – A new cocktail-inspired hard seltzer with maple syrup and ginger flavors.
Dangerous Man Brewing Company
- Kolsch – Back on tap at the brewery in Minneapolis.
Day Block Brewing Company
- Smooth Hoperator – “The balance between the interplay of malt and hops is critical. We have kept the bitterness down to not overwhelm the light body of this beer. We use a flavorful English Maris Otter heritage malt to support our many hop additions. Using a combination of Strata, Mosaic, and Citra hops brings forth notes of tangerine, orange, marmalade, and blueberry,” Day Block says of its new session IPA at 4.6% ABV, 32 IBU.
- Chipotle Pineapple Cider – A pineapple cider with fresh tropical fruit flavors and “just the right amount of spice,” the brewery says.
Earth Rider Brewery
- Festbier – “Earth Rider’s Munich-style Festbier is a golden lager with bready malt character and subdued floral-hop aroma,” the brewery says.
Eastlake Craft Brewery
- Eastlake Barrel Reserve – On tap and in 750-milliliter bottles, this red sour has notes of red wine and Flemish reds, offering ripe cherry band black currant character.
Elm Creek Brewing Co.
- Rose Tinted – A 5% ABV blonde ale with pomegranate.
Fair State Brewing Cooperative
- FS Lyte – A 4.3% ABV light lager: crisp with malt character and a light hop profile.
- Stranger in the Alps – The so-called “alpine lager” is back: a 5.1% ABV GABF bronze medal-winning lager with added lemon balm and spruce tips.
Falling Knife Brewing Co.
- Grisette-Style Saison – “Tom was on the judging panel for a major competition and stumbled upon a beer that totally rocked his world. Inspired by that magical moment, we’ve taken the vibrant esters of a 4.8% Belgian saison and cranked up the flavor even more,” the brewery says, by dry-hopping and adding Meyer lemon puree.
- Nothing But Sunshine – On tap now and in stores in the near future, this double dry-hopped hazy double IPA showcases Citra hops with big flavors of grapefruit, citrus, peach, melon, lime, gooseberry, passion fruit, and lychee. 8.1% ABV.
- Splash Casualty – Described as a “Tepache-style cocktail sour,” this beer is made with pineapple, ginger, and a hint of cinnamon. 5% ABV and made for the final days of summer.
- Cherry Batch #28 – A bright-fruited beer for Fitger’s 28th anniversary. “Expect a bright red pour, a big aroma of cherry on the nose joined by some subtle toasted bread notes, and a flavor that’s all chewy, vinous, delicious cherry,” the brewpub says. Sold in bottles.
- Oktoberfest – The seasonal festbier is back, on draft at the North Loop taproom, and sold in liquor stores.
- Lil’ R&R –A tart wheat ale with added local rhubarb and berries. 5.5% ABV, 14 IBU, and limited.
- Prairie Creek Porter – A dark-hued ale with earthy, and herbal hop notes and chocolate flavors. 6.4% ABV, 30 IBU.
- Honey Nut Beerios – A honey wheat ale collaboration with Randy Dobnak, a pitcher for the Saint Paul Saints, brewed to help raise funds for St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital. Does not contain nuts.
Invictus Brewing Co.
- James (Maple Pecan) Brown Ale – “Now on tap – a sure sign of fall’s imminent arrival,” the brewery says. 6.0% ABV.
Kinney Creek Brewery
- Med City: Hard Sweet Tea – A new hard seltzer flavor, also served Arnold Palmer-style at the brewery.
Lakeville Brewing Co.
- Bowser’s Peach Milkshake IPA – The 7% annual release is back on tap now.
- Happy Apple Lager – “Fresh pressed sweet apple aroma in a crisp clean lager, back-sweetened with more New York grown apple juice,” the brewpub says. 6.5% ABV.
- Lakeville Gold – A seasonable festbier, slightly lighter in color than tradition but easy to drink at 5.6% ABV.
- Lavender Moon Witbier – Tapped at the end of August, this summer Witbier has lemon peel and local lavender.
- Raspberry Lemonade Tart Ale – A 5.4% ABV Belgian-style base beer with added lemon tartness, and sweet raspberries for balance.
- Strawberry Maize Cream Ale – This 6.3% ABV cream ale has local strawberries for a fruity touch.
Lift Bridge Brewing Co.
It’s the 15th-anniversary party at Lift Bridge this weekend, with a Saturday celebration in Stillwater.
- Crosscut Pale Ale – The original recipe of this pale ale, made with Cascade hops and grapefruit zest, returns for on-site sales on Saturday.
- Key Lime Pie – On draft now at both taprooms, in limited post-State Fair quantities. Draft/Crowlers only.
- Mini Donut – On draft now at both taprooms, in limited post-State Fair quantities. Draft/Crowlers only.
Lupulin Brewing Company
- Dark Prague-nosis – A 5% ABV Czech-style dark lager, on tap in Big Lake now.
Modist Brewing Co.
- Invisible String – This lager pours at 5.5% ABV and is made with added milk sugar, marshmallows, strawberry juice, rhubarb juice, and vanilla beans.
- Cocobanana – A Caribbean cocktail-inspired tropical sour brewed with fresh pineapple juice, banana, coffee, chocolate, vanilla, and sugarcane, first introduced at the Minnesota State Fair. 6.5% ABV. The brewery is involved with this Sunday’s North By North Loop music festival as well.
- Dudesy Hard Hard Seltzer – The collaboration hard seltzer is back on tap this Saturday at Modist.
- Dream Drops – “A New England IPA combining the Dreamyard & Rain Drops recipes to create this collaboration [with Barrel Theory], first poured at the fair and now on tap at Modist. 7.3% ABV.
- It’s Time – A Hurricane cocktail-inspired tropical fruited sour made with lime juice, orange juice, passion fruit, and grenadine. Previously available at the state fair. 6.5% ABV.
- You’re Glowing – Previously on tap at the Minnesota State Fair, this is a West Coast-style IPA featuring Columbus, Simcoe, and Chinook hops. 6.6% ABV.
New Glarus Brewery
- Staghorn Oktoberfest – Back in season across the Wisconsin border.
Northbound Smokehouse & Brewpub
The South Minneapolis brewpub celebrated its 11th anniversary at the start of the month. In addition to flagships and Cigar Series beers, Northbound is pouring:
- 2022 Anniversary Ale – The 10th-anniversary edition was also tapped at the start of the month.
- 2023 Anniversary Ale – The 11th-anniversary edition, tapped on Sept. 1.
- Barrel Aged Block Heater – A bigger barleywine, on tap now in limited supply.
- Block Heater – The barleywine (and 2nd place winner in the Strong Ale category of the MN Brewer’s Cup awards) is back.
- Funkiversary – The 2022 mixed culture Anniversary Ale is back, aged in a red wine barrel and in limited supply.
- Brown Ale – An American brown ale at 6.5% ABV.
- Super Kushy – A new THC seltzer with raspberry, blackberry, and coconut flavors. 10mg THC, 5mg CBD, 0% ABV.
Rogue Ales & Spirits
- Dead Guy Pilsner – The Dead Guy lineup expands. Previously sold in the Dead Guy Variety Pack, this 5.0% ABV Pilsner offers subtle floral hots with crisp biscuit notes.
- Stone 27th Anniversary Lemon Shark Double IPA – “Featuring a unique blend of New Zealand ingredients,” Stone says, “The resulting beer has sweet aromas of peach pulp, Bartlett pear, lemon peel, white wine and herbs. The hops mingle beautifully with flavors of ripe peach and pineapple, mango, orange, lemon, and passion fruit. Herbal and sweet orange flavors linger alongside a pleasant bitterness.” 9.6% ABV, 43 IBU.
Sunken Ship Brewing Co.
- Endless Drift – This sour ale is tart, juicy, and tropical with added passion fruit and guava. 5.1% ABV.
- Fram-buoy – A raspberry sour ale with both sweet and tart berry flavors. 5.1% ABV.
- Oh Foreshore – This dip-hopped hazy IPA is fruity, tropical, and citrusy, the brewery says, with a heavy dose of CryoPop hops. 7.0% ABV.
Tilion Brewing Company
- Cannon Valley Trail – “Drinks smooth like a lager, tastes like an IPA,” the brewery says of its new cold IPA with citrus, stone fruit, and lime aromas.
- Oktoberfest – “Marzen lager made with Briess Munich malt, German Northern Brewer hops, and Omega German lager yeast. Perfectly smooth, malt-forward in the traditional German style,” Tilion says.
- Pink Flamingo Society – Version 4 of the brewery’s New England-style IPA recipe, this time made with Wakatu, Motueka, Cashmere, and Citra hops, plus Omega Cosmic Punch yeast.
Venn Brewing Company
- Cumbermelon Gose – Just like the name (kind of) says this gose is made with cucumber, melon, and sea salt. 5.0% ABV.
- Vennfest – A toasty Marzen-style lager, tapped in late August.
Wabasha Brewing Company
- Kolsch – A German-style ale, now sold in cans
Waconia Brewing Company
- Blood Orange IPA – A limited cask, tapping on Sunday.
- Hydes Lake – Hefeweizen
- Oar Breaker – Double IPA
- Lichtenhainer – An unfiltered, smoked, and acidic German-style beer with tart yet smoky flavors. 5.2% ABV. The brewery will host its annual Oktoberfest celebrations Sept. 22-24 and Sept. 29-Oct. 1.
Wild Mind Ales
- Gates Of Heck – This new 6.66% ABV black rye IPA is made with a cocktail of Columbus, Cascade, and Simcoe hops.
- Revitalize Mirage – A gose made with watermelon, fresh mint, coriander, and sea salt. 4.5% ABV.
Wooden Hill Brewing Co.
- OKTBRFEST – Another fall festbier, this German-style lager is malty with a crisp finish, the brewery says. 5.9% ABV. The brewery will host an Oktoberfest party on Sept. 16, including a nonalcoholic festbier option.
- Planet Motueka – A juicy IPA made with Citra and Sabro hops, then dry-hopped with Motueka. 5.1% ABV.
- Scorched Shoulder – A new 5.3% ABV pineapple and jalapeño Kolsch-style ale.
- Imperial Festbier – On tap now as the brewpub celebrates Oktoberfest with a series of special releases and imports.
Have a new beer we should know about? Send the details to firstname.lastname@example.org for inclusion in Freshies.