New beers available this week across Minnesota
22 Northmen Brewing Company
- Joe Dort – “We commingled German Dortmunder and Yirgacheffe coffee to create this special contribution,” the brewery says. “Dortmunder was given proper time to lager before our coffee beans were roasted, off gassed for 48 hours, then ground and immediately added into our beer. Fresh coffee essence in a subtly sweet light beer.” 6.0% ABV.
- Toast McOats – An American oatmeal stout at 6% ABV.
Arbeiter Brewing Co.
- Breaking Bread – A pumpernickel bread -inspired rye ale, back on tap earlier this month.
- Figurati – An Italian-style Pilsner, 5.1% ABV, 35 IBU .
- Wildflyer Coffee Stout – Top Flight selection
Badger Hill Brewing Company
- Honey Badger – Tapped on Wednesday, this seasonal IPA “is made with German malts typically used for German amber lagers as well as locally sourced honey for a robust IPA with a touch of floral sweetness that is perfect for the cooling weather. It is also packed with Cascade, Citra and Mosaic hops for blasts of citrus, papaya and berry,” Badger Hill explains.
Bad Habit Brewing Company
- Bless Your Heart – A sour ale with watermelon, cantaloupe, strawberry, and passion fruit.
- Crush-A-Lot – 7.0% ABV hazy IPA
- No Brainer – A Simcoe-hopped SMaSH IPA.
Bent Paddle Brewing Co.
- Wilderness Tuxedo: Punch Bowl – The latest in this sour series combines raspberry, pineapple, blackberry, cranberry, and orange. 4.4% ABV, 10 IBU.
Bobbing Bobber Brewing Company
- Outside The Loop #44 – A California common with notes of toasted caramel and hints of wood, the brewery says. A collaboration with Spilled Grain.
Dangerous Man Brewing Company
- 2022 Imperial Pumpkin Ale – A 13% ABV Woodford Reserve Rye barrel-aged pumpkin ale. Bottles went on sale last week.
- One in Four – A hazy IPA raising funds and awareness for the Sexual Violence Center.
- Rooibos – A red ale with Rooibos tea and bourbon vanilla beans.
- Smoke Show – Top Flight selection
Drastic Measures Brewing
- On Fleek – A cold IPA lagered with Drastic Measures’ house lager strain and hopped with Citra, El Dorado, and Centennial. 7% ABV.
- Pound Town Porter – A light-bodied classic, adjunct-free porter at 4.8% ABV with light roast notes.
- Richard Cranium – The 5.4% ABV ESB returns. “Balanced nicely between hop bitterness, toasty malt and fruit, with the sweetness coming through mid-palate before drying to a clean and hoppy finish,” the brewery says.
- Sleeper Cell – Watermelon, sea salt, and marshmallow fluff contribute to this 7% ABV fruited pastry gose.
Dual Citizen Brewing Company
- Thirst Trap – Top Flight selection
Eastlake Craft Brewery
- NA Mango Paloma Gose – A paloma-style non-alcoholic gose made with mango, sea salt, orange, and grapefruit.
- Nicollet Mauler – The black IPA with a bittersweet malt and hop combo of flavors: licorice, pine, cherry, and dark chocolate, says the brewery.
- Silenzio, Bruno – Debuting today, this is an Italian-style Pilsner collaboration with La Doña, described as easy drinking, hop-forward, and “straddl[ing] the line of traditional and progressive.”
Fair State Brewing Cooperative
- Received Wisdom – “This beer was made with Minnesota-grown raspberries, originally used for U-Pick earlier this year,” Fair State says of its second-use fruited sour. “It’s bright, effervescent, refreshing, and a bit like raspberry lemonade.” On tap and sold in 750-milliliter bottles.
FINNEGANS Beer Co.
- Hairless Dog: Non-Alcoholic Black Ale – The dark, rich, and hoppy n/a black ale is back at FINNEGANS now, who recently purchased the company.
- Lil’ Stout on the Prairie – A taproom exclusive 5.6% ABV American stout.
- Pomegranate Crush – A fruited lager with pomegranate puree added post-fermentation. 4.2% ABV, 20 IBU.
- Up And At ‘Em – A new session IPA available in the Some Like It Hops mixed pack of IPAs, which also includes Sweet Child of Vine, 300 IPA, and Moon Howler Hazy IPA.
Goat Ridge Brewing Co.
- Harvest Ale – A wet-hop pale ale made with Cascade hops.
Half Pint Brewing Company
- Wet Hop Pale Ale – Brewed with fresh Cascade and Chinook hops.
Hop & Barrel Brewing Company Hudson
It’s Dark Beer Fest on Saturday, with hot poking stations and a lot of dark-hued beer, including:
- Big Mik’s – Coffee stout
- Dark Ace – A Spring Valley recipe dunkel
- Lactose Panda – Chocolate milk stout
- Rauchie Der Bar – Rauchbier
- Ridiculous Idiots – Imperial stout
- Second Breakfast – A Spring Valley recipe English-style brown porter with coffee
Island City Brewing Co.
- Gold n’ Tart – A caramel apple pie-inspired blonde ale. 5.6% ABV, 21 IBU.
La Doña Cervecería
- Silenzio, Bruno – An Italian-style Pilsner collaboration with Eastlake. Tapping at each brewery on Friday.
LocAle Brewing Company
- Helles – A German-style light lager. Back on tap in Mankato now.
Loon’s Landing Brewery
- Ironclad – A steam beer style offering, “The flavor starts dry and opens up with notes of fruit, caramel, and biscuit,” the brewery says. 5.0% ABV, 44 IBU.
Lost Sanity Brewing
- Personality Disorder Porter
Lupulin Brewing Company
Prolific Garden – Lupulin has launched a new series of golden sours, tart, fruited, and sold at the Big Lake taproom.
- Cactoid – A 6.5% golden sour with prickly pear. 6.5% ABV.
- Low-Hanging Fruit – A 7% ABV golden sour with plum.
- Stalk Market – A golden sour with rhubarb. 6% ABV.
Also newly available:
- Killer Kangaroo – A single-hop triple IPA features 100 pounds of Mosaic hops. “Bred from a combination of Simcoe and Nugget hops, Mosaic offers a unique and complex blend of floral, tropical, fruity and earthy characteristics,” the brewery explains. 11% ABV.
- Operation CoHoperation – A double IPA collaboration with Remedy Brewing of Sioux Falls, SD. 8.3% ABV with notes of tropical fruits, orange, haze, and dankness.
Mana Brewing Co.
- New Zealand IPA – “This beer uses a light malt bill, lager yeast and New Zealand hops blend to create this crisp, refreshing IPA,” says Shakopee’s newest brewery.
- Smoked Smash – “This is an easy drinking, lightly smoked pilsner brewed with beech smoked single malt and Amarillo single hops,” Mana says.
- Cross-Czech Pilsner
- Festbier– Gold in color with a light biscuit sweetness, the brewery says.
Mineral Springs Brewery
- Mango-Blueberry Saco Seltzer
Minneapolis Cider Company
- Berry Apple Pie – A 6.0% ABV taproom-exclusive fall cider.
Modist Brewing Co.
- Charging On A Wire – Strata, El Dorado Cryo, Citra Cryo, and Idaho 7 hops combine in this double dry-hopped New England-style triple IPA.
- Fruitopolis – Raspberry and passionfruit imperial smoothie sour.
- Pretty Metal – Tapped in early October.
- Ritual Night – Top Flight selection
Number 12 Cider
- Mariposa – A semi-dry plum cider aged on French oak.
- Pom Chéri – This semi-sweet cider has added pomegranate and cherry.
OMNI Brewing Co.
- Basic Bear – A “pumpkin spiced latte,” described by OMNI as “Brewed with actual pumpkin this year,” plus cinnamon, ginger, allspice, nutmeg, and coffee.
- Hopfull – The original OMNI IPA, made with Simcoe, Amarillo, and Cascade hops, plus Munich malt, is back on tap.
- Just One More IPA – An aromatic session IPA at 4.7% ABV, 35 IBU.
- OMNI X Luxy 13 – A hazy IPA with a clean white head, this is a 5% ABV fresh hop ale with sweet cream, citrus, and caramel flavors.
Pryes Brewing Co.
- Pecherie – A wild ale in the Idyll FOrest series, this bottle-conditioned beer has added peach, passion fruit, and vanilla. On draft and in bottles on Saturday.
Rapids Brewing Co.
- Hoky – Top Flight selection
- Coastal Cavalier – A 5.7% ABV, 59 IBU West Coast-style IPA.
- Distant Landscapes – A 6.7% ABV, 22 IBU wet-hopped New England-style IPA. This year’s wet hop is heavily hopped with fresh Vista hops and rounded out with some Calypso, Citra, Cascade, and a few more varieties! This citrusy IPA tastes fresh, with a floral and slightly dry finish,” the brewhall says.
Spilled Grain Brewhouse
- Das Gut Cake – A pastry stout with coconut and chocolate, like the German cake.
- In Your Dreams (Centennial) –A 5% ABV wet-hop ale.
- In Your Dreams (Comet) – A 5% ABV wet-hop ale.
- Imperial Russian Stout – A big and bold imperial stout classic recipe with notes of chocolate, coffee, black currants, anise and roastiness, the brewery says. 10.8% ABV.
Swing Barrel Brewing Co.
- Mainline – “This beer was brewed in collaboration with Mainline Hops Farm in Sabin, MN. We crafted a pretty classic pale ale, and the wet-hopped aspect makes it fresh and bright, with a citrus punch on the nose and pallet,” says the Moorhead brewery.
- Sweet Melissa – A wheat ale with peach and honey.
Three Twenty Brewing Co.
- Pear Sandbar Seltzer – A fruity hard seltzer with pear.
- Pumpkin Pie Eyed – Pumpkin, lactose, spice, and beer. 6.2% ABV.
Town Hall Brewery
The twenty-fifth anniversary celebrations continue. This week’s special releases include:
- Hopfin Konig – A German-style IPL, tapped on Monday.
- IPA 25 – Tapped on Monday.
- Raspberry Glow – An IPA fruited with raspberry.
Uncommon Loon Brewing Company
- Harvest Loon – A West Coast-style IPA with citrus, pine, and subtle floral/herbal notes, the brewery says of its new IPA made with Centennial hops from St. Croix Valley Hops in St. Croix Falls, WI.
Urban Growler Brewing Company
- Sour Cherry – “A dry sour ale with notes of cherry and cinnamon with a hint of apple. Expect a little tartness in the finish,” the brewery says of its latest Plow to Pint release. 5.2% ABV, 10 IBU.
Waconia Brewing Company
Celebrating eight years, Waconia has a few new beers available:
- Chocolate Port Laketown Brown – Available today and served on nitro, this beer was aged in J. Carver bourbon barrels.
- Oat on the Water A rich, creamy, and smooth oatmeal stout with added cacao nibs to complement the malt bill.
Wild Mind Ales
- Fruit Soup: Tangerine Yuzu – A 3.8% ABV sour ale fruited with tangerine and yuzu.
Venn Brewing Company
- Vanilla Double Brown A 9.0% ABV double brown ale with vanilla.
Have a new beer we should know about? Send the details to firstname.lastname@example.org for inclusion in Freshies.