Welcome to Beer Dabbler’s Freshies, our weekly rundown on the newest beers hitting the store shelves and taproom coolers in Minnesota from your favorite local and national breweries.
east variations, easy drinking beers, and “classic” double dry-hopped IPAs lead the charge in this week’s new Freshies. We have plenty of hazies hitting the scene, including at the newly open Minneapolis location for Bricksworth, who are expanding beyond Burnsville.
Beyond the haze, though, it’s a diverse week for beer releases with classic English-style milds, light body blonde ales, and more on tap, as well as NA options and THC drinks at many breweries around the state.
Each week, the Beer Dabbler team highlights the most tantalizing new beers available across the state that we’re most excited to try. Check out these Top Flights at Dabbler Depot—Click on each image for stock levels.
Blackstack Love Language – A deliciously devious trifecta of Passionfruit, Guava & Dragonfruit with our Foeder Fermented Mixed Culuture Berliner base. 6.2% ABV
Hop Butcher Teal Ridge – Citra, Simcoe, Vic Secret & El Dorado-hopped Double India Pale Ale. 7.5% ABV
Weldwerks Bamm Bamm Rubble Rubble – Sour Ale with Fruity Rice Cereal, Strawberry, Milk Sugar, Vanilla, & Marshmallow. 5.2% ABV
Lupulin Wobbly Walrus – Tropical and woody with notes of ripe mango and pineapple blend with notes of coconut and pine, all lifted with an orange note from Voss Kviek Yeast. 10% ABV
Founders KBS Chocolate Cherry – A flagship bourbon barrel-aged imperial stout with rich sweetness of chocolate and slight coffee bitterness blended perfectly with cherry juice bringing you an alluring sensory experience
The beers in this gallery are now available for purchase at Dabbler Depot, 1545 7th St W, St. Paul, MN 55102
New beers available this week across Minnesota
Looking for a taste of these great new beers? The icon indicates beers available at Dabbler Depot. Keep in mind—stock is limited! Check dabblerdepot.com or text (651)-802-2112 for availability.
- Frequency Shift – A sour ale fruited with persimmon, baobab, mango, and pineapple. “A smooth sweet fruity aroma reminiscent of a mango creamsicle compliments the citrus tanginess of the baobab. The pineapple gets along beautifully with the lactic tartness while characteristics of melon and almost-vanilla-like-creaminess from the persimmon add depth and complexity,” says Arbeiter. A collaboration with Black Brewers Podcast in celebration of Black History Month. 6.9% ABV.
Badger Hill Brewing Co.
- KitBash Pale Ale
Bear Cave Brewing
- Cherry Limeade CBD Seltzer
Bent Paddle Brewing Co.
- Night Goat – A taproom exclusive double Czech-style dark lager at 10% ABV, 20 IBU.
- Family Style – “Our Bricksworth brethren are opening up a new spot down in the North Loop. To celebrate, we made a Triple IPA big enough to feed the whole family. Strata, Mosaic, HBC 586 + HBC 586 Cryo coming together,” says BlackStack. 10.0% ABV and on tap at the newly open Bricksworth brewpub in Minneapolis.
- Full Disclosure – Citra, Idaho 7, Strata, and HBC-630 come together in a new 83% ABV double IPA.
Brau Brothers Brewing Co.
- Fieldhouse – An amber lager that pours at 5.9% ABV, 30 IBU.
Bricksworth Beer Co.
- Slime Truck – Recently tapped in Burnsville, this is a returning 6.6% ABV New England-style IPA built on HBC 586 and Citra hops. The brewpub is also opening their North Loop Minneapolis location this weekend.
Dangerous Man Brewing Company
- Hazertown Double IPA – A juicy yet resinous double IPA with a burst of grapefruit, orange, nectarine, berries, cream, pine, and cedar. 8% ABV.
Eastlake Craft Brewery
- Got Dang! – A double IPA with vanilla, mango, and dank pineapple flavors. Made with Mosaic, Triumph, and Azacca hops, Minnesota-grown Pilsner malt, and Hornindal kveik yeast. 10.6% ABV.
- High & Dry: Water – A new unflavored option is available in Eastlake’s line of THC-infused, non-alcoholic seltzers.
- Tsathoggua infused with ancho chile and rich fudge – Limited at the taproom, with a few Crowlers available as well.
Fair State Brewing Cooperative
- Strata – A 6.2% ABV double dry-hopped and somewhat dank hazy IPA with flavors of passion fruit, tropicalia, and citrus, largely courtesy of the Strata hop breed.
- MPLS Mild – “Tease of treacle and a clean finish,” the brewery says of this 4.0% ABV taproom small batch.
Garage Series beer alert! MPLS Mild is currently on tap and EXCLUSIVELY available at Fulton Taproom. This mild ale is a Fulton classic and tastes as delicious as it ever has. Brewed onsite on our small batch system, this beer is a limited release, so get it before it's gone! pic.twitter.com/tOtcMHeKyu
— Fulton Beer (@fultonbeer) January 29, 2023
Hacienda Beer Co.
- DDH Everything Eventually – A hazy IPA double dry-hopped with Citra and Nelson Sauvin that debuted last week. 5.9% ABV.
- Modern Problems – A collaboration with Fair State, this is a hazy IPA with Kolsch yeast and dry-hopped with Columbus Cryo and Strata. At 6.5% ABV, “Our version…has a fun mix of new school and old school hop character – with notes of fresh lemon, dank/funky herbs, strawberry, and tropical fruit,” the Wisconsin brewery says. Fair State shared Modern Solutions last week.
DREAMN – A new line of non-alcoholic tea tonics made with terpenes, hops, herbal and black teas, and natural flavoring. Gluten-free, zero calories, 0 THC or CBD. The brewery is throwing a release party tonight. Available at the taproom and in stores in the following flavors:
- Jamaica Jam
- Mango Rindheart
- Marley Palmer
Ineffable Brewing Co.
- Champagne IPA – 6.4% ABV
Inver Grove Brewing Co.
- Fall of Icarus – A thiolized juicy IPA.
Lakes & Legends Brewing Company
- Two Ravens – A new red ale.
Lakeville Brewing Co.
- Mild Child – A full flavor British-style mild ale with notes of cocoa, toasted bread, and dark fruit.
- Sunny Southern Weather – “A thiolized Mexican lager yeast coupled with New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc grape skins gives this beer harmonious fruit forward aromas of white wine, pineapple, and passion fruit,” the brewery says of this style-defying 5.4% ABV recipe.
- Wildcat Mild – An easy-drinking Kentucky Common ale brewed with Colorado malt, and Minnesota and New York hops. 4.4% ABV.
Lupulin Brewing Company
- Warbly Walrus – A triple IPA made with Voss kveik yeast, with big but soft and juicy notes of mango, pineapple, coconut, and pine. 10% ABV.
- Practitioner of Duck Art – A new 13% ABV imperial stout, on tap and also sold in cans (limited distribution).
Pryes Brewing Co.
- 2023 Lost Moon – Listed a week early by mistake, 2023’s Lost Moon offers flavors of rich cocoa, smooth vanilla, and toffee candy. 11.2% ABV.
River Siren Brewing Company
- Her Presence – The blonde ale returned mid-month.
- Mocha Abyss – “A creamy nitro stout with cocoa nibs and cold pressed coffee,” the brewery says.
Rivers & Rails Brewing Company
- Golden Emberz – A golden ale brewed with 95% local ingredients from Vertical Pale Malt (Crookston), Logan Center Hops (Northwood, ND), and local water, brewed to celebrate local firefighters.
- Ice Auger – A blonde ale and the official beer of the Brainerd Jaycees Ice Fishing Extravaganza last week. 5.3% ABV, 21 IBU.
Schram Haus Brewery
- Blood Orange Cane Fighter – A fruity twist on Cane Fighter IPA. 6.9% ABV, 62 IBU.
Snarky Loon Brewing Co.
- Life’s a Peach – A pale ale with added peach.
South By SouthEast Brewing
- Craic Irish Red – On tap at 3pm today.
- Frontage Road Dark Chocolate – Tapped on Wednesday.
- SudEste Mexican Lager – Tapped in mid-January.
Spilled Grain Brewhouse
- Orange Creamsicle Wheat
- NA Töwnie Kölsch – A non-alcoholic version of Spiral’s house -style ale.
Surly Brewing Co.
- One Man Mosh Pit – A juicy and hazy IPA, revamped for a new year, with flavors of orange, mango and grapefruit from a blend of Amarillo, Citra, Mosaic, and Simcoe hops. Sold on draft, plus in 6- and 12-packs.
Talking Waters Brewing Co.
- Helio Geyser – A new hazy IPA.
let’s kick off this week with a few hazy bangers, shall we?!💥😎 take a looksy at these 2️⃣ new “sister” brews you’ll be seeing on the shelves👇 pic.twitter.com/XBvYagl2WL
— Talking Waters (@twbrewingco) February 1, 2023
- Heliocentric – A new hazy IPA.
Freehouse is featuring a stout flight through February.
- Infinity Chocolate Cherry Imperial Stout – A smooth imperial stout, pouring 10.9% ABV, 50 IBU, with notes of chocolate, cherry, raisin, caramel, and oak, and more.
- No. 18 Midnight Lager – “Pleasant sweet chocolate aroma, smooth, light bodied, dark chocolate/caramel, roastiness, brilliant deep amber/mahogany, crisp, clean lager finish,” explains The Freehouse of this 4.7% ABV, 22 IBU dark lager.
- No. 49 City Girl Cold Press Stout – A rich oatmeal stout balanced with coffee for flavors of roast, dark chocolate, and coffee. 6.3% ABV, 30 IBU.
- No. 61 Chocolate Peanut Butter Stout – A sweet, creamy stout with peanut butter and chocolate flavors. 6.5% ABV, 25 IBU.
Venn Brewing Company
- Hawaiian Hog – A smoked wheat ale with pineapple. 6.3% ABV.
- Zenn: Blueberry & Lemon – A new flavor of nonalcoholic THC-spiked beverage is available. 10mg.
IT’S HOT, IT’S NEW
IT’S Blueberry 🫐 Lemonade 🍋
Have you tried all 3 flavors?
What flavor do you want to see next? pic.twitter.com/aW0fQ9yO8q
— Venn Brewing (@vennbrewing) January 28, 2023
Wooden Hill Brewing Co.
- Marionberry Pi – A pale ale with added marionberry and vanilla beans. 5.7% ABV, and also featured in the new Berry Cascade 2.0 beertail.
- Sunset Dip – A 6.4% ABV dip-hopped West Coast-style IPA showcasing HBC 522 hops.
Have a new beer we should know about? Send the details to email@example.com for inclusion in Freshies.
Leave A Comment