Welcome to Beer Dabbler’s Freshies, our weekly rundown on the newest beers hitting the store shelves and taproom coolers in Minnesota from your favorite local and national breweries.
It got dark fast this week, with heavy winter stouts and complex barley wines debuting across the state. There are unique barrel-aged flavors, plus extra adjuncts that range from almond to peanut butter to tart berries. And, yes, there are still plenty of candy-inspired Halloween drinks to satiate that sweet tooth.
We also see cocktail-inspired drinks, from beer to hard seltzers, and lots and lots of charitable beers for good causes that include Veteran’s Day themes and the Brave Noise line of pale ales.
Each week, the Beer Dabbler team highlights five of the most tantalizing new beers that we’re most excited to try.
New beers available this week
Arbeiter Brewing Co. Chai Hulud Vanilla Chai Porter – “The spice must flow! Chai-Hulud is a Porter whose name shall only be spoken of in awe and respect—it’s a beer eternal. A light-bodied black beer flavored with real vanilla and an in-house chai spice blend, it’s our answer to the pumpkin spiced beers of the season. 5.5% ABV, 16 IBU,” says the brewery. * Contains roasted wheat malt.
Dangerous Man Brewing Company Sumac Pseudo Lager – A charitable beer made with a recipe including sumac, honey, and Spanish cedar. The beer itself is described as aromatic with tart berry, citrus peel, peppercorn, and cedar notes.
Oliphant Brewing Peanut Butter Rodent – An 8% ABV black ale with added peanut butter and cacao nibs.
Pig Ate My Pizza Barleywine – “After 8 months of aging in stainless, our very first barleywine pours a deep copper and shows a complex and sweet malt character with strong notes of toffee and caramel candies, toasted brioche bread crust, a touch of sherry from age and a fruity minerality from British yeast to balance,” the brewpub says. 10% ABV.
Torg Brewery Admiral Otter – A single-hop peach IPA. A portion of proceeds benefit Wounded Warrior Project.
- Barrel Aged German Chocolate Cake Schwarzwälder Kuchen Bier – One of two barrel-aged beers tapped for the brewery’s anniversary this week.
- Barrel Aged Nitro Peanut Butter Stout – A whiskey barrel-aged stout.
It is our Anniversary Week so we are going ALL out!
Today, we are releasing two whiskey barrel aged beers that will not last long.
Barrel Aged Nitro Peanut Butter Stout 🥜
Barrel Aged German Chocolate Cake Schwarzwälder Kuchen Bier 🎂 pic.twitter.com/9Kc2LXMlVo
— 10K Brewing (@10kbrewing) November 8, 2021
608 Brewing Company
- Face Hammer – “Bright punchy tropical flavors that are like taking a hop loaded hammer to the face,” the brewery says of this hazy IPA. 7.2% ABV.
- Perma Puft – A sweet milk stout with maple syrup and marshmallow. “Big notes of maple and subtle roast from the stout make this a great beer to enjoy during fall weather,” the brewery says. 7% ABV.
Arbeiter Brewing Company
- Chai Hulud Vanilla Chai Porter – Top Flight selection
- Hammerhead Hazy IPA – “Hammerhead is a real banger! Smashing its competition! A beer you’ll want to pound! We hazed up a more traditional IPA style and then we utilized dip-hopping—this practice increases hop aromatics and will maximize biotransformation,” says the brewery. 6.9% ABV, 50 IBU, Gluten Reduced.
Bad Weather Brewing Company
- Peach Bellini Ale
As we approach brunch time, on what could be our last nice weekend of the year, please remember we have a Peach Bellini Ale on tap. pic.twitter.com/KgdqdpNoUw
— Bad Weather Brewing (@BadWeatherBrew) November 6, 2021
Bobbing Bobber Brewing Company
- Murky Waters: Orange Dreamsicle – A new flavor of the Murky Waters sour line, tapped in late October.
- Baker’s Pride Vol. 1 – A limited imperial pastry stout sold in 750-milliliter bottles.
BAKERS PRIDE: VOL. 1
-On sale at the brewery & online (Link in Bio) at 11:30 AM Tomorrow.
-Bottles are 750ml & $24.
-Limit 2 x person.
-Any orders exceeding the 2 x person limit will be refunded.
-Bottles must be picked up by end of day 11/14/21. pic.twitter.com/xvcqFO6uLI
— bricksworthbeer (@bricksworthbeer) November 7, 2021
Clutch Brewing Company
- ChaiCeratops – A chai-infused rye pale ale, back for a limited time.
- Sweet Jane Milk Stout – Available on nitro, CO2, as well as in take-home containers (Crowlers and growlers, on CO2).
Dangerous Man Brewing Company
- Home Improvement – Part of the The House That Beer Built with Habitat for Humanity, Dangerous Man’s charitable IPA offers “Juicy flavors of orange, grapefruit, peach, and lime and finishes with a dash of pine,” the brewery says.
- Jamberry Macaron Stout – Sold in 750-milliliter bottles (on sale since Thursday), this imperial pastry stout was aged in Colorado whiskey barrels and conditioned on almond, coconut, strawberry, and raspberry.
- Sumac Pseudo Lager –Top Flight selection
- Braaaaaaaains! – “This one was blasted with pineapple, guava, and dragonfruit then we hit it with our double secret smoothie treatment of sea salt, lactose, and vanilla beans,” the brewery says. 7.2% ABV and available today.
- Chonk: Midnight Snack – On draft and in 4-packs, this Chonk includes blueberry, boysenberry, pulm, coffee, lactose, and chocolate ice cream. 7.5% ABV.
Beer #2 on Friday’s release is a new Braaaaaaaains! This one was blasted with pineapple, guava, & dragonfruit then we hit it with our double secret smoothie treatment of sea salt, lactose, and vanilla beans.
22+tx/4pk | 7.2% pic.twitter.com/yhMiTXdAZV
— Drekker Brewing (@DrekkerBrewing) November 9, 2021
Dual Citizen Brewing Company
- North Border Oat Porter – Tapped in late October.
Elm Creek Brewing Company
- Birthday Buddy – A double chocolate caramel imperial, brewed in celebration for two of our favorite employees birthdays. Available in the taproom.
- Edgewater – A clean, crushable 5% ABV traditional-style helles lager. Available in the taproom.
- Rare Candy: Passionfruit, Peach and Pineapple – This 6% ABV variation is “filled to the brim with passionfruit, peach and Pineapple. The aroma is passionfruit and pineapple forward, while it finishes off with a hint of peach and a slight tartness,” says the brewery.
- GLOW Gingerbread Holiday Ale – In collaboration with GLOW Holiday Festival being held at the Minnesota State Fairgrounds from November 18–January 2, Elm Creek made a special Gingerbread Holiday Ale brewed classic spices, brown sugar and molasses. A light bodied beer, full of the flavors and aroma of the holidays.
Fair State Brewing Cooperative
- The Luxury of Restraint – ”This West Coast IPA is a collab with our talented friends at Shared in St. Louis. It is can-conditioned, meaning there is a second fermentation taking place in the cans that helps to carbonate the beer. Not only does this improve the quality and stability of the beer by scrubbing some of the remaining oxygen in the cans, but it also creates a unique mouthfeel that seems more full and smooth to me. It has lots of nice stone fruit and berry flavors, and finishes with a balancing bitterness,” explains the brewery.
Firestone Walker Brewing Company
- Vic Secret West Coast IPA – The newest Propogator series single-hopped IPA features the Vic Secret variety and offers lemon, pineapple, and stone fruit notes, Firestone Walker says. Sold in the 12-pack Crafted Thru Hops IPA mixed pack, along with Union Jack, Flyjack, and Luponic Distortion.
High Pines Brewing Company
- ‘Sotan It Out Hazy IPA – “This beer isn’t your typical fruit forward hazy. We have combined two yummy hops, NZ Rakau and SA Southern Tropic, and created an easy drinking, mouthwatering, pine forward, citrus bomb of a beer,” the Roseville brewery says.
- Mosa Da Time – A light and easy drinking beer inspired by the mimosa cocktail.
Hoops Brewing Company
- No. 37 Rink Rat Ale – “This beer is a light ale with great flavor, lower alcohol and a light finish. It is brewed to support youth hockey in Duluth and a portion of each pint sold will go to Duluth Amateur Hockey Association,” Hoops explains.
No. 37 Rink Rat Ale returns for year two. This beer is a light ale with great flavor, lower alcohol and a light finish. It is brewed to support youth hockey in Duluth and a portion of each pint sold will go to Duluth Amateur Hockey Association #hoops #thefriendlybeerhall #daha pic.twitter.com/7TtV3Sa25Y
— Hoops Brewing (@hoopsbrewing) November 7, 2021
- Brave Noise Pale Ale – Part of the nationwide series to raise awareness of harassment and discimination concerns. “”Our proceeds from this delightfully aromatic pale ale will be donated to Minnesota Coalition Against Sexual Assault,” Imminent explains.
- Chile Gateway – A cream ale infused with chili peppers. 5.1% ABV, 15 IBU.
Junkyard Brewing Co.
- Galactic Falconer – Featuring both Galaxy and Falconer’s Flight hops, the final product is a smooth-body and citrus-forward IPA with sweet fruit notes and an earthy foundation.
- Mountain Mist Seltzer – Yellow in color, bright, and crisp, it’s a new hard seltzer. 6.5% ABV.
🍋MOUNTAIN MIST SELTZER🏔
Our NEW Mountain Mist Seltzer is bursting with bright citrus flavors and a striking yellow hue! Light, crisp, with just the right amount of sweetness, this seltzer screams refreshing – Stop by the taproom today to try this new citrus delight!
6.5% ABV pic.twitter.com/X6xJGMpcU3
— Junkyard Brewing Co. (@JunkyardBrewing) October 29, 2021
Kinney Creek Brewery
- Med City: Bloody Mary – A 5% ABV bloody mary cocktail-inspired hard seltzer.
- Med City: Cramtango – A new seltzer that mergers to popular flavors into one: Cranberry + Two to Tango.
Have you tried our one-of-a-kind Bloody Mary Seltzer yet? Don’t let the name fool you – this Bloody Mary is all things smooth, spicy, and readily available right when you need it! Did your Monday morning just get better? Ours did!#bloodymary #medcityseltzer pic.twitter.com/HiOz1KlLfe
— Kinney Creek Brewery (@KinneyCreekBrew) November 8, 2021
Lake Monster Brewing
- Sunk Coast– “[This] double IPA is aggressively dry hopped with Comet and Cryo-Simcoe hops for a bold stone fruit and citrus hop aroma with a hint of pine,” Lake Monster explains, and also featuring Kviek yeast and wheat. 8.5% ABV.
Lift Bridge Brewing Company
- Commander – The release party for this fall seasonal English-style barleywine is tomorrow. The big barrel-aged beer pours at 12.5% ABV with complex, sweet notes, and a dash of cardamom.
- Emotional Vampire – Tapped in October, this coffee kettle sour is made with 400 pounds of raspberries.
- Your Other Left – A porter brewed with Belgian chocolate and peanut butter.
It is officially Spooky Season. 👻
Emotional Vampire is BACK in the taproom!!
Made in collaboration with our friends at B&W Specialty Coffee, this spooky sensation is sure to make your taste buds dance all night long. Our hybrid kettle sour is loaded with 400 lbs of Raspbe… pic.twitter.com/6RfQRkGVKM
— LynLake Brewery (@LynLakeBrewery) October 26, 2021
Modist Brewing Company
- Slow It Up – “An oak-aged Pilsner with Bohemian Pilsner malt and North Star Pils malt, hopped with Huell Melon, Triple Pearl, and Cryo Citra, then aged in our oak foeders,” says the brewery.
- U Too Can – “Our tropical sour with wheat, barley, and oat malt, conditioned on passionfruit, strawberry, banana, and pink guava,” says the brewery.
- Cake Baker Snake – Raspberry, lemon, coffee, almond, lactose, vanilla, and sea salt, all go into this 5% ABV sour ale from Oliphant.
- Dracula Weed – A West Coast-style IPA with a blend of Cascade, Simcoe, Warrior, and Chinnok hops. 6% ABV.
- Peanut Butter Rodent – Top Flight selection
- Night Howler – A 6% ABV, 56 IBU stout, on tap now.
Pig Ate My Pizza
- Barleywine – Top Flight selection.
- Bock To Reality – A doppelbock lager with notes of toasted barley, dark dried fruits, sweet toffee, prune, and raisin. 7.6% ABV.
- New Zealand Tropical Lager – Made with an experimental New Zealand-grown hop blend, this lager has notes of guava, passion fruit, and lime, with subtle berry and pine notse from a touch of Mosaic hops as well. 7.5% ABV.
- Thanks For Everything – A “cranberry sauce inspired pastry sour,” the brewery says, at a big 7.9% ABV and made with cranberry, blood orange, tangerine, and lactose.
- 12th Degree – A Czech-style dark lager at 5.5% ABV, 20 IBU.
- Frosted Mug – This is a root beer cream ale at 5.3% ABV, 14 IBU.
New Beer Release
On Tap Now
Czech Dark Lager
Our Czech Dark Lager is Smooth and Easy Drinking.
— RustechBrewing (@RustechBrewing) November 6, 2021
Toppling Goliath Brewing Co.
- Sun Reaper – A hazy double IPA with tropical flavors including pineapple, orange, and passion fruit, with “a layered finish of soft pine,” the Iowa brewery says.
SUN REAPER is back! ☀️ This hazy DIPA has a hop-derived saturation of pineapple, orange, and passion fruit flavors up front, with a layered finish of soft pine. 🤤 Features: Azacca, Citra, Columbus, Galaxy, Mosaic and Sabro hops. 🍻
— Toppling Goliath Brewing Company (@TGBrews) November 6, 2021
- Brigid’s Bathwater – The featured birthday beer as Torg turns three on Saturday. The brewery is hosting a silent auction to take home a stretched canvas print of this beer’s artwork.
- Admiral Otter – Top Flight selection.
Kegging Brigid's Bathwater today. Join us next Saturday for a delicious pint as Torg celebrates Birthday 3. Place a bid in our silent auction; maybe you'll be taking home a signed 12X12 stretched canvas print of Brigid's fresh new brand art. Slainte!#DryIrishStout #DrinkLocal pic.twitter.com/jRW8TXtsoR
— Torg Brewery (@TorgBrewery) November 6, 2021
Urban Forage Winery & Cider House
- Cran-Orange Melomel Mead – “With subtle but tangy cranberry and zingy orange zest, It’s like Grandma’s cranberry relish in a bottle with some of grandpa’s extra potent mead spicing up the mix,” says the winery.
- Rhubarb Wine – “The 2021 vintage is here. We still need to label it, but it’s bottled and delicious. This may be our best year yet for rhubarb wine, but as always, it’s a small run, so be sure to get it before it’s gone,” says the winery.
- Cran-Cherry Cider – Bottles available on Friday.
- Winter Spice Cider – Bottles available on Friday.
- Decision Fatigue – Available now in 12-ounce cans to kick off the winter beer garden season.
Wild Mind Ales
- Amplify The Absurdity – Raspberry, banana, vanilla, and marshmallow are all included in this 5.5% ABV smoothie-style sour ale (includes lactose). Sold only at liquor stores and not at the taproom.
Wooden Hill Brewing Company
- Project Simcoe – “Exclusively hopped in the whirlpool and during fermentation to create juicy hop flavor without the crushing bitterness,” says the brewery. Available on tap and in Crowlers.
Have a new beer we should know about? Send the details to email@example.com for inclusion in Freshies.