New beers available this week
22 Northmen Brewing Company
- Brick Wit-House – “Wheat based Belgian summer ale showcasing a phenolic and ester forward yeast character, ground coriander and orange peel,” the brewery says. 5.6% ABV.
Alloy Brewing Company
- HAZY: Hops and Thunder – With artwork inspired by MCU, this is a hazy IPA “where hops and thunder collide.” Specifically, it’s a 6.2% ABV, 31 IBU concoction made with Idaho Gem and 09326 hops, on tap now.
Angry Inch Brewing
- British Golden Ale – “Featuring a soft floral aroma, subtle golden apple like sweetness, and a crisp, dry finish,” the brewery says of this Choo Choo series limited release.
- Love Potion #208 – A white grape and basil hard seltzer.
Back Channel Brewing Co.
- Bladerade – Top Flight selection
- Brewhouse Rocks! – A West Coast-style IPA with dank, bright, and citrusy notes, the brewery says. 7.25% ABV.
Bent Paddle Brewing Co.
- Frooty Toots – A taproom exclusive sour ale made with blackberry and pineapple. 7.6% ABV.
Boom Island Brewing Co.
- Squeeze Play – Available at the brewery and in 16-ounce cans, Squeeze Play is an unfiltered wheat ale with tangerine and lime. 5% ABV.
Copper Trail Brewing Company
- Berries, Beets, Battlestar Galactica – “Earthy fermented beet juice is rounded out with tart refreshing raspberry in this dry co-fermented cider.”
- Cactus Candy – Top Flight selection
Fair State Brewing Cooperative
- Business Decisions – HBC 586 and Strata hops are the core of this double dry-hopped double IPA. At 8.3% ABV, the hop profile gives notes of both strawberry and tropical fruits.
Garphish Brewing Company
- Bethel Light Lager
- Stalker Lake IPA
Heavy Rotation Brewing Company
- Gordie’s Go To – A hazy IPA made with a blend of Sabro, Citra, and Citra Lupomax hops.
- Mango Lovshake – Lovshake milkshake-style IPA gets a dose of juicy mango. 6.9% ABV, 11 IBU, and available at the brewery.
Indeed Brewing Company
- Haul In – Top Flight selection
Lake Monster Brewing
- Belgian Session Pale Ale – The first in a series of pilot batch light and low ABV Belgian-style ales. This batch “features robust Bohemian Pilsner malt, citrusy Lotus hops, and spicy Ardennes yeast,” the brewery says.
Lakes & Legends Brewing Company
- Farmer’s Market – A one-off fruited beer tapped for Thursday’s farmer’s market event, which took place at the brewery.
Little Thistle Brewery
- Blackberry Lemon – A 5% ABV gluten-reduced hard seltzer.
- Foreign Culture – A tart watermelon sour at 4.5% ABV.
Lupulin Brewing Company
- Sticky Puddles – A 9% ABV imperial sour ale made with strawberry, rhubarb, honey, and cinnamon.
Minneapolis Cider Company
- Trail Magic – Top Flight selection
Montgomery Brewing Company
- Apricot Blonde Ale – Brewed for Kolacky Days, which ran July 22-24.
Pryes Brewing Co.
- Idyll Forest Parasol – “Delicately sweet Sauvignon Blanc wine and a fragrant, blonde wild ale danced in oak barrels for months before being bottle-conditioned. Parasol is bright, effervescent, and layered with intrigue,” the brewery says. “Join us for its release at the taproom on Saturday, July 30.”
Rapids Brewing Co.
- Berry Gose Kettle Sour – “This beer starts with a two day brew of a traditional kettle sour, utilizing raw grain steep in wort, and the natural microbes that rest on the kernels. Keeping true to the gose style, a dose of salt is added in the kettle. The honeyberry juice is added into the fermenter, which is what makes this beautiful beer pop with bright maroon and ruby highlights,” the brewery says. Tapped last week and limited.
- Nifty Fifty-TWO – An annual pale ale release (that began for a fiftieth birthday celebration), this year’s version is dry-hopped with BRU-1 and El Dorado hops for sweet pineapple and tropical fruit flavors along with a soft body and notable bitterness.
Revelation Ale Works
Recently tapped at Revelation:
- Blood Orange Wheat
- Kittz Golden Lager – A golden lager brewed for the Kittson County Fair recently.
- Margarita Seltzer
- Peace Dog Pale Ale
- Strawberry Rhubarb Smoothie Sour
Rivers & Rails Brewing Company
- Boogie Blonde
- Midnight Train Porter
- Stack Train Juicy – Back on tap.
- Coal Train Porter – Available now in cans at select stores and in-house at the brewery.
Saint Paul Brewing
- Upside Down – “A smooth, hazy IPA with notes of pineapple, citrus, tropical stone fruits, and pine,” the brewery says, with a slightly bitter finish.
- Belma West Coast IPA – Available at the brewery today.
Multiple special beers are available for Sisyphus’ eighth anniversary, which is being celebrated all week long.
- Cake Beer – Tapped on Thursday.
- Cucumber Pils – Tapped earlier this week.
- Don’t Brew this Alone – Available in bottles (limited) and on draft this Saturday, Don’t Brew this Alone is a maple syrup double barrel-aged imperial stout.
- It’s Not on the Menu – A double barrel-aged imperial stout, available in limited bottles (today) and on tap as well.
Snarky Loon Brewing Co.
- Morning Haze – Back on tap.
Spilled Grain Brewhouse
- Bearded Man Old Ale – Back on tap now.
- Fishing Buddies – Tapped last weekend, this strawberry vanilla smoothie sour ale is back.
- Peak Experiences – West Coast-style IPA
- Socks & Sandals – A hazy IPA, recently tapped in Annandale.
- Double Downward Spiral – A “sweet, resiny, malty, and hoppy double IPA,” the brewery says.
Talking Waters Brewing Co.
- Ebb & Flow – Top Flight selection
- Tongue Twister – Blackberry meets lime meets vanilla, all in a smoothie sour-style beer.
Whit Wort Brewing Co.
Open since June in Gibbon, with a grand opening planned for September, the new brewery is currently pouring:
- 3 Legged Bunny – Light lager
- Down and Dirty – American porter
- Gibbon Red – Red ale
- Hard Seltzer
- Island Hopper Blonde – An award-winning homebrew recipe, once poured at Union 32, and now featured at Whit Wort.
Wicked Wort Brewing Co.
- Shhh – A wheat beer made with hefeweizen yeast for banana notes, plus strawberry-like flavors from the use of Strata hops. 6.8% ABV, 38 IBU. A strawberry/banana beer without any fruit added.
- ¡Vámonos! – A 5.2% ABV, 14 IBU Mexican-style lager, “We chose to combine smooth malt flavors of Vienna lager with light body of flaked maize, and kept it continental with American lager yeast. Our new age spin is New Zealand hop Wakatu, which offers a subtle lime note,” the brewery says.
Wooden Hill Brewing Co.
- Mosaic – A West Coast-style IPA dry-hopped with Mosaic. 6.5% ABV.
Have a new beer we should know about? Send the details to firstname.lastname@example.org for inclusion in Freshies.