Welcome to Beer Dabbler’s Freshies, our weekly rundown on the newest beers hitting the store shelves and taproom coolers in Minnesota from your favorite local and national breweries.
Stonefruit is making a name for itself in beers this week. From the fruit itself to puree to hop-deriven sweetness, the apricot and peach flavors abound this week. Other popular ingredients include strawberries and blueberries, often complementing creamy and bright flavors.
A few breweries shared early news about their Pride Dabbler exclusives, which are as colorful and diverse as the rainbow, and other exclusive beers can be found in cans and bottles (which are becoming easier to purchase in-house at Minnesota breweries by the week).
Each week, the Beer Dabbler team highlights five of the most tantalizing new beers that we’re most excited to try.
Castle Danger Brewery Nebuchadnezzar Grapefruit IPA – Grapefruit, orange, citrus with a biscuit backbone, the brewery says of this beer that will appear at Pride Dabbler on Friday
Dangerous Man Brewing Company Queer Rye Apricot Saison – “Bright notes of stone fruit, hints of bready rye, like a fine apricot marmalade on a lil’ piece of rye toast,” the brewery says. A portion of sales benefit OutFront Minneapolis and Minnesota Transgender Health Coalition.
Fulton Brewing Co. Negroni Spritz – Fulton has three new ready to drink canned cocktails, made similar in process to their hard seltzer (no spirits) and at 7% ABV each.
Modist Brewing Co. Radiant Preserve – A new apricot and peach saison. On tap Saturday and in stores next week.
Spiral Brewery Gandalf the White Session IPA – One of two A juicy IPA with pineapple and mango notes along with biscuit and caramel malt character. On tap at Pride Dabbler.
New beers available this week
- Badass Blue Betty – A seasonal blueberry sour, back on tap.
Badass Blue Betty is back on tap! Our seasonal blueberry sour has made its return in time for the heat wave we are in. Come enjoy one on the patio or in the air conditioned taproom!
Trivia Mafia tonight from 7 pm to 9 pm! pic.twitter.com/xfd5YdCsvv
— 10K Brewing (@10kbrewing) June 22, 2022
22 Northmen Brewing Company
- Big Wow – An IPA made with Galaxy, Idaho 7 and Cryo Citra hops. 7% ABV.
- The Red Axe – A mixed culture ale sold in bottles.
- Under A Cherry Moon – A tart cherry blonde ale that debuted on Juneteenth for a live episode of Black Brewers Podcast.
Avery Brewing Co.
- Island Rascal – A Belgian-style white ale (previously released as Liliko’i Kepolo) is back as with a rebrand as part of the “Rascal” beer line. “Island Rascal erupts with monumental passion fruit aroma and acidity along with a sublimely succulent finish,” Avery says.
Bad Weather Brewing Company
- LIGHTning – A low calorie lager, back on tap for ‘22 and the core beer in a mixed infusion 12-pack that hits liquor stores next week (with lime and grapefruit flavors). The original beer is available at the brewery, on tap, now.
Our low calorie light lager LIGHTning is back, and after this heat it has been sorely missed. Pouring at the taproom today and in crowlers Thursday.
It'll be available in mixed infusion 12-packs next week. The packs will have the base lager, lime infused and grapefruit infused pic.twitter.com/2NrfaH9JMw
— Bad Weather Brewing (@BadWeatherBrew) June 22, 2022
Broken Clock Brewing Cooperative
- Century Club – A brand new dry-hopped cold IPA featuring Centennial hops. This beer pours at 6.8% ABV, 70 IBU with notes of pine, grapefruit, and citrus with a dank finish, the brewery says.
Castle Danger Brewery
- Honey Raspberry Wheat – A taproom exclusive, “This beer has a crisp, floral aroma with hints of rich berry,” Castle Danger says.
- Nebuchadnezzar Grapefruit IPA – Top Flight selection
Did you hear the buzzzzz?? ? Honey Raspberry Wheat is on tap now at our taproom!
— Castle Danger Brewer (@cdangerbrewer) June 17, 2022
Copper Trail Brewing Co.
- Clouded Judgement – A hazy IPA made with oats, wheat, and a blend of Citra, Azacca, and Ekuanot hops for notes of citrus, pineapple, and peach. 7.4% ABV, 67 IBU.
- Pairografs – A Kölsch-style ale with raspberry, “This beer was brewed and created by a pair of Graf’s – father & son – Mark & Adam Graf,” the brewery says, and was tapped last weekend for Father’s Day.
- Belgian Tripel
- Cranberry Apple Cider
- Frozen Margarita Seltzer
Dangerous Man Brewing Company
- Heirloom Sipper – The collaboration Mexican-style corn lager is back, made with help from Nixta.
- Queer Rye Apricot Saison – Top Flight seleciton
?HEIRLOOM SIPPER MEXICAN CORN LAGER ?This bangin' lager is back! Made w/ the fine folks over Nixta, this is a crisp lager w/ delicate complex layers & hints of Gustavo's fantastic handmade tortillas. PS. Save the date, July 10th, for a Nixta Pop-Up in the taproom, noon-4pm!? pic.twitter.com/uNKiEoZPe0
— DangerousMan (@DangerousMan7) June 22, 2022
- SuckerPunch – A dill pickle sour ale made with real pickle brine. The beer is a gose base with zesty and garlicky pickle-like flavors and is sold in 4-packs of 12-ounce cans. 5.2% ABV, 20 IBU.
- Blackberry Cobbler Slang Du Jour – A pastry inspired sour with blackberry, plum, granola, brown sugar, lactose, cinnamon, and vanilla beans.
- Braaaaaaaains! – The latest in this smoothie sour series is made with sea salt, lactose, and vanilla, as per usual, plus a fruity blend of blueberry, blackberry, and pineapple.
- Hater Blockers – A double IPA with oats, chit, and spelt, plus a blend of Sabro, Mosaic and Citra hops.
- Royal Bee – A honey cream double IPA made with local honey, lactose, plus a hop blend of Magnum, Hallertau Blanc, Ekuanot, and Mosaic.
- What So Proudly We PRRRT – A Rocket Pop-inspired PRRRT with blueberry, raspberry, cherry, pineapple, and lime flavors.
The 2nd beer on Friday’s release is a new Braaaaaaaains! We blasted this one with all of the Blueberry, Blackberry & Pineapple we could get our grubby little hands on and then hit it with our double secret smoothie treatment of sea salt, lactose, and vanilla. pic.twitter.com/myVkXKomjs
— Drekker Brewing (@DrekkerBrewing) June 21, 2022
Dual Citizen Brewing Company
- Rodeo Queen – Expect flavors of grapefruit, white peach, and guava in this Pride Dabbler exclusive.
- Easy Squeezy – A semi-dry and light-body low-ABV cider with added lemon and sea salt. 4.6% ABV.
Earth Rider Brewery
- Grapefruit Radler – Back on tap and in cans for summer.
First Pour Friday: Earth Rider Grapefruit Radler
This years Grapefruit Radler is canned and ready! Join us at the @cedarloungebeer taproom this Friday 6/17 to toast with the Brewers at 5pm. #WisconsinCraftBeer #IndependentBrewery #Hefeweizen pic.twitter.com/YPhVohWsn8
— Earth Rider Brewery (@EarthRiderBeer) June 16, 2022
Eastlake Craft Brewery
- High Five Alive – A fruit punch sour ale on pour at Pride Dabbler.
Fair State Brewing Cooperative
- Main Boss – A big barrel-aged beer for summer solstice, this 13% ABV oatmeal/orgeat stout was aged in rum and bourbon barrels with coconut and almonds.
- Lil’ Longhorn – A collaboration cold IPA made with Hold Out Brewing (Austin, TX), featuring experimental hops for juicy stone fruit notes. 5.9% ABV.
Fat Pants Brewing Co.
- Material Girl – A pomegranate sour ale with both sweet and sour elements. On tap at Pride Dabbler.
Fulton Brewing Co.
Fulton has three new ready to drink canned cocktails, made similar in process to their hard seltzer (no spirits) and at 7% ABV each.
- Gin & Tonic – Infused with juniper, coriander, cardamom, and lemon and lime zest.
- Negroni Spritz (Top Flight selection)
- Tiki Drink
- Cool Like Dat – A new cold IPA made with Idaho 7, Centennial, and El Dorado hops. The final product is 6.8% ABV and offers tangerine and citrus flavors.
- Strawberry Whip – A fruited beer made with flaked oats, milk sugar, and strawberry puree.
Heavy Rotation Brewing Company
- Paloma Cerveza – A crisp lager bursting with bitter grapefruit, fresh lime and sea salt, the brewery says.
- Purple Stuff Hard Water – One of two limited slushie flavors available through Sunday.
- Reverb Raspberry Pastry Sour – One of two slushie flavors available now through Sunday.
This weather definitely calls for our new beer.
“Paloma Cerveza” is a crisp lager bursting with bitter grapefruit, fresh lime and sea salt.
Sip one today on the patio.
Happy Hour 4-6
Jamo's New Zealand Pie Co 4-8
Jars 2 Go 4-9 pic.twitter.com/loF92x1wPs
— heavyrotationbrewing (@heavyrotationBP) June 22, 2022
- No. 20.1: Finn’s Finest Pale Ale – 6.6% ABV
Hop & Barrel Brewing Company
- War Crow Hard Coffee – A cold press coffee-like beer made with locally sourced coffee beans. Available in “black” and “hazelnut,” the base beer offers bold, roasty flavors, including chocolate and dark fruit. In cans at the brewery now and hitting distribution in Wisconsin and Minnesota next month.
- Glitzy Shades – Inbound’s flagship hazy IPA gets a big dose of extra fruit to push its already fruit-forward flavor, with more passion fruit, watermelon, cantaloupe, and strawberry. On tap at Pride Dabbler.
Junkyard Brewing Company
- 9-to-5 IPA – A Dolly Parton-inspired dank IPA with pineapple and resin notes. Available at Pride Dabbler.
Lakes & Legends Brewing Co.
- Bellini Seltzer – The weekly house infusion at Lakes & Legends.
- Oh My Takei Pecan Pie Lager – A light and slightly bready pilsner base complimented by notes of toasted pecan and a hint of vanilla, the brewery says of its Pride Dabbler exclusive release.
Lakeville Brewing Co.
- Made in the Haze Juicy Pale Ale – The featured beer for Lakeville’s sixth anniversary is a hazy pale ale with six hop varieties. “Looks like a hazy IPA, but drinks like an old school pale ale with a firm hop bitterness,” the brewery says, adding, “Aromatic notes of fresh pineapple, grapefruit zest, and grassy hops.” 5.7% ABV.
LTS Brewing Company
- Popcorn Cream Ale – Made with 50 pounds of air-popped popcorn, this beer is a collaboration with Chaotic Good and tapped mid-June.
Lupulin Brewing Company
- Apricot Blonde – A 5.5% ABV blonde ale with apricot.
- Rainbow Revolution – Hooey IPA gets an infusion of raspberry, orange and lime sherbet in this limited Pride Dabbler one-off.
Modist Brewing Co.
- Double Dreamyard – The New England-style double dry-hopped IPA, doubled. On tap Saturday and in stores next week.
- Radiant Preserve – Top Flight selection
- Sea Salt Lime Hard Seltzer – The first of two new hard seltzers, both made in collaboration with Deviant Minds for Pride Dabbler and debuting on Friday.
- Watermelon Basil Hard Seltzer
???SURPRISE HARD SELZTER???
LOOK! We made TWO hard seltzers debut in the taproom 6/25
Sea Salt Lime Hard Seltzer
— modistbrewing (@ModistBrewing) June 22, 2022
- Party Pail – A hazy pale ale with Citra and Mosaic hops. 5% ABV.
OMNI Brewing Co.
- Melt: BlackBerry Lemon
- Viktor Hargreeves – A witbier with strawberry and vanilla, made for Pride Dabbler on Friday.
Excessive heat calls for a new Melt flavor…
Melt BlackBerry Lemon is now available in the taproom! pic.twitter.com/LsJDZfbzFj
— OMNI Brewing Co. (@OMNIBrewing) June 20, 2022
- Gandalf the Gray Black IPA – One of those IPAs for Pride Dabbler, this IPA offers roasty, chocolate and toffee notes alongside more hop-forward flavors of pine and stonefruit, the brewery says.
- Gandalf the White Session IPA – Top Flight selection
Steel Toe Brewing
- These Boots IPA – “Aroma notes of fruit salad and a generous dry hop addition that brings tropical notes to the juicy deliciousness,” the brewery says. On tap at Pride Dabbler.
- Peak Conditions – A double IPA made with West Coast-style hops and East Coast-style haze, plus the addition of real passion fruit, orange and guava. Back for a limited time. 8.1% ABV.
You asked. And asked. And asked and asked and asked and….
Stone Peak Conditions Hazy Double IPA makes its triumphant return and hits national distribution next week! You'll also see it popping up at Stone locations over the next few days.
You voted. We brewed. pic.twitter.com/6LXni17Kr6
— Stone Brewing (@StoneBrewing) June 18, 2022
- Brad-ler – Bready sweetness meets crisp grapefruit in this radler, available at Pride Dabbler this Friday.
Umapped Brewing Co.
- …Hazy One More Time – Peach flavors with additional notes of berries, citrus, and passion fruit in this Pride Dabbler exclusive.
Urban Growler Brewing Company
- Dazzle Me With Science: The Variant – This Pride take on Dazzle Me With Science offers notes of banana, peach, and tropical fruit.
- Urban Lager – A new house lager for the summer. 5% ABV, 10 IBU.
Venn Brewing Company
- You’re Killin’ Me, Smalls – A West Coast-style pale ale made with Idaho 7, Simcoe, and Strata hops. 5.1% ABV
Wabasha Brewing Company
- Radical Haze – Back on tap this Saturday.
Lots of food and music this week.
Looking forward to the Starman Shandy release on Friday ? and the return of Radical Haze ? pic.twitter.com/cvTM7CC13t
— Wabasha Brewing Company (@wabashabrewery) June 20, 2022
- Hefeweizen – Brewed with central European Pilsner malts and floor-malted wheat malt, this traditional-style hefe offers banana and clove-like flavors. 5.2% ABV.
War Pigs Brewing
- A Light in the Black – A new German-style Pilsner, exclusive to the Mk. II variety pack.
- Blinding Light Show – A new IPA sold only in the Mk. II variety pack, along with A Light in the Black, Foggy Geezer, and Four Phantoms.
Wild Mind Ales
- All My Friends – A hazy IPA at 6.7% ABV with notes of white grape, ripe berries, lime zest, papaya, and sugar cookies with a soft, yet ful, body, the brewery says.
Have a new beer we should know about? Send the details to email@example.com for inclusion in Freshies.