New beers available this week across Minnesota
Alloy Brewing Company
- Made for Raking – Southern Tropic and HBC-431 hops come together in a new double dry-hopped New England-style IPA. 7.2% ABV, 40 IBU.
- Peach & Passionfruit – Tapped last week, this sour ale offers dueling fruit and tart flavors and pours at 4.6% ABV, 0 IBU.
Badger Hill Brewing Company
- Newf Drool Brown Ale – Tapped on Wednesday this week, this 5.6% ABV beer “pours a beautiful mahogany with aromas of coffee and chocolate,” the brewery says, with “Flavors of biscuit, toast, and toffee blend over a velvety mouthfeel and a lusciously sweet finish.”
- Dark Fatha – A bourbon barrel-aged imperial stout, tapped last weekend.
Bent Paddle Brewing Co.
- Double Shot Double Black – Currently sold in cans, Bent Paddle’s big dark beer and it’s variants (Doubel Barrel Aged and Vanilla Aged Double Black) will be available at the brewery in 750-milliliter bottles at the Bottle Bash party on Saturday, including past vintages.
- Snowmaker – “Our version of a Robust Pale Ale piles on Centennial and Simcoe hops for a wonderfully groomed bitterness that carves through the malt backbone,” the brewery says.
Bobbing Bobber Brewing Company
- Murky Waters – A raspberry vanilla sour ale.
Brau Brothers Brewing Co.
- Dirty Blonde – An 11% ABV, 77 IBU blonde stout.
Castle Danger Brewery
- Mosaic – A fresh hop IPA in limited supply.
- Turn Up The Good! Vol. 2 – Sold in the Wintry Mix variety pack along with Solstice Saison, White Pine Project IPA, and Dark Chocolate George Hunter Stout.
- Allegiance – The West Coast-style IPA is now sold in 4-packs.
Eastlake Craft Brewery
- High & Dry: Pineapple – A new flavor of THC-infused beverage, with 5mg of THC per serving and 0 calories.
Excelsior Brewing Company
- Excelsior 421 Water – A zero calorie, zero alcohol THC-infused seltzer.
Fair State Brewing Cooperative
- Doin’ Science Vol. 1. – Top Flight selection
- Giantsbane – An 8% ABV double stout with roasty malt-forward flavors. Available in 4-packs at the brewery, poured on nitro in-house, and to be sold in a new Mix Pack at liquor stores beginning next week.
FINNEGANS Brew Co.
- Ales for ALS – A hazy IPA at 6.8% ABV, 80 IBU brewed to benefit the ALS Society, which will receive $1 per pint sold in the taproom. “The beer was brewed using 2-row barley, rolled and malted oats and white wheat to add the haze,” the brewery says. 6.8% ABV, 80 IBU.
- Dead Irish Poet Coffee Stou – The Irish-style stout, infused with Caribou Coffee, returns for 2022 as FINNEGANS kicks off the Community Fund’s support of hunger alleviation through the end of the year, donating a portion of all sales to the cause.
Firestone Walker Brewing Company
- Mocha Dolce Nitro Stout – A fall seasonal stout with vanilla beans, cocoa nibs, and coffee beans, on nitro and sold in 6-packs of 12-ounce cans.
- XXVI – The anniversary ale from Firestone Walker in 2022 is a blend of Parabola, Velvet Merkin, Bravo, Heavy Things, Helldorado, and Wheat Wine.
Hacienda Beer Co.
- True Hallucinations – A hazy double IPA made with Mosaic, Vic Secret, and Idaho 7 hops. 8.5% ABV.
Hop & Barrel Brewing Company Hudson
- Hazy Double IPA – A new DIPA made with Phantasm, Solar Phantom, on tap in Hudson.
Hop & Barrel Brewing Company Spring Valley
- Struggle Bus – Celebrating one year in business on Saturday, this new pastry stout was made with additions of vanilla, cacao nibs, and coconut.
- Hallucidation – 2022 marks the tenth batch of this Belgian-style tripel fermented with Frontenac wine juice. “Find a delicious cherry aroma, along with flavor hints of dark fruit like fig and date,” the brewery says. Available at Inbound on Saturday and in liquor stores next week in 750-milliliter bottles. 14% ABV.
Island City Brewing
- Coulee Cream – A new honey cream ale.
Lakes & Legends Brewing Company
- Barrel Aged Imperial Stout – In liquor stores now and coming to the brewery taps next week.
Lake Monster Brewing
- Loonatick – A 6.2% ABV 2022 fresh hop ale, on draft now.
Lupulin Brewing Company
- Cerise de Chance ’22 – Top Flight selection
- Hero – An annual collaboration with Mankato Brewery, each year the two breweries alternate who will can it. This year’s cans come courtesy of Mankato, but a small batch of draft-only Hero is on tap at Lupulin, raising funds for the JZ Cancer Fund while supplies last.
- Resin Rapture – On tap now and in stores next week, this is an imperial red IPA. “Rich European malts balance out the over 4 lbs per barrel of Pacific Northwest hops,” the brewery says. 9% ABV.
- Hero – The fifth annual release of this hazy double IPA, modelled after the birthday of the late Jeff Zierdt, pouring at 8.18 ABV, 66 IBU, and raising funds/awareness for the fight against cancer.
Modist Brewing Co.
- Fang & Bone – Top Flight selection
- Forbidden Canyons – In Modist’s words: “A New England Double IPA with barley, oats, wheat, and flaked rye, hopped and double dry hopped with Mosaic, Citra, El Dorado Cryo, Ekuanot Cryo and Sabro.”
Montgomery Brewing Company
- Haze Against The Machine – Top Flight selection
- Yippie Ki Yay – The imperial peanut butter porter returns.
Nine Mile Brewing
- One For His Nob – Named in nod to the game of cribbage, this red ale is “malt-driven, tea-infused, and vanilla kissed,” the brewery says, with sweet honey and lightly woody tones from the use of South African Honeybush tea.
- Rusket Dark – A dark lager at 5% ABV.
Pryes Brewing Co.
- Barrel Aged Lost Moon – “Chocolate and rich malts coat your palate, followed by tantalizing notes of vanilla and smooth caramel – all purely derived from the brewing process and barrel,” Pryes says.
- Soleil – This unique beer, available today, it “[A] multifaceted Sauvignon Blanc and Wild Ale hybrid rested on beautiful satsuma oranges for over a year, giving it a bright and elevated citrus zing. The juicy blend of crisp flavors,” Pryes explains.
Rogue Ales & Spirits
- Mogul Madness – Returning as a winter seasonal, this is a dark, malty and “generously hopped” beer with “a big piney, citrus flavor and sweet fruit notes,” the brewery says. 6.7% ABV, 68 IBU.
- Snowstorm – Top Flight selection
- Magic Feather – A peanut butter porter, with notes of both peanut butter and chocolate, available again today. 6.4% ABV, 21 IBU.
The 12 IPAs of Christmas sampler pack is back, featuring:
- ///Fear.Movie.Lions – A hazy double IPA at 8.5% ABV.
- 26th Anniversary – A 9.7% ABV triple IPA with West Coast-style notes of pine, citrus, and resinous dankness.
- Delicious Citrus – 7.7% ABV
- Delicious Double IPA Gluten-reduced and 9.4% ABV.
- Hazy IPA – 6.7% ABV
- IPA – 6.9% ABV
- Japanese Green Tea IPA – A 10.1% ABV IPA with green tea.
- Peak Conditions – A hazy double IPA with passion fruit, orange, and guava. 8.4% ABV.
- Ruination – “This Stone classic was named for its truly ‘ruinous’ effect on the palate. Loaded with Columbus and Centennial hops,” the brewery says. 8.2% ABV.
- Scorpion Bowl – 7.5% ABV
- Tangerine Express Hazy IPA – 6.7% ABV
Summit Brewing Co.
- Great Northern Porter – Now available again in the Fireside Favorites mixed pack (with Dakota Soul, EPA, and Saga).
- Winter Ale
- Winter Ale (Fass Keg) – Available at this today’s Unfiltered Fridays taproom event.
Unmapped Brewing Co.
- Rum Stout Ruby – A very limited amount of bottles went on sale this Wednesday.
Urban Forage Winery and Cider House
- Cran-orange Melomel – Available at the taproom today.
- Muni – A Franconian-style landbier brewed in collaboration with the Minnesota Municipal Beverage Association, this is on tap at Utepils and is an unfiltered, dark, amber lager.
Wild Mind Ales
- Book Mobile – A liquor store-only smoothie sour ale with added blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, grape juice, marshmallow, and milk sugar.
Have a new beer we should know about? Send the details to firstname.lastname@example.org for inclusion in Freshies.