Photo via Elm Creek Brewing Co.
Welcome to Beer Dabbler’s Freshies, our weekly rundown on the newest beers hitting the store shelves and taproom coolers in Minnesota from your favorite local and national breweries.
elcome to Women’s History Month. This first short week of the month shows the beginnings of a movement, with several beers brewed and crafted by femme-identifying brewers across the industry, and several more in line for debut on International Women’s Day, March 8. The styles are just as diverse as the brewers, with gose, hazy IPA, dark lagers and much, much more.
We also see expanding product lines from a few national and local breweries, be it two new Dead Guy beers, a Parabola one-off, and a double Traitor IPA. Plus, local events across the state, including the growing interest in bier stacheln as spring seasonal bocks return.
Each week, the Beer Dabbler team highlights the most tantalizing new beers available across the state that we’re most excited to try. Check out these Top Flights at Dabbler Depot—Click on each image for stock levels.
Left Hand Brewing Co Dry Irish Nitro Stout – A robust malt profile supplies the base for this full-bodied stout with aromas of chocolate, coffee, and a hint of graham cracker. 4.3% ABV
Earth Rider Brewing Spring Mix Pack – Features Earth Rider favorites–Casket Quarry an India Pale Ale. 6.5%ABV, Allouez an Amber Ale. 5.8% ABV, North Ryder a Pilsner. 5.6% ABV, Haakon a Honey Bock. 7% ABV
Jack Pine Dead On Dill Cream Ale – A delicious mix of pickle juice and the classic brew, Dead Branch. 4.3% ABV
Noon Whistle Gummylicious Hazy IPA – India Pale Ale with Citra, Citra Cryo, Mosaic, and Ekuanot Hops. 6% ABV
Lupulin Operation CoHoperation DIPA – Double IPA w/ Strata, Simcoe, Mosaic & Idaho #7. Collaboration with Remedy Brewing in Sioux Falls, SD. 8.3% ABV
The beers in this gallery are now available for purchase at Dabbler Depot, 1545 7th St W, St. Paul, MN 55102
New beers available this week across Minnesota
Looking for a taste of these great new beers? The icon indicates beers available at Dabbler Depot. Keep in mind—stock is limited! Check dabblerdepot.com or text (651)-802-2112 for availability.
- Hidden Figures – A cold IPA brewed by the women of 56 with Kolsch yeast and the Pink Boots ’22 hop blend.
- Amarillo By Morning – A new pale ale from 612.
Howdy pardner you new here? Saunter on over to the taproom and give’r a try. NEW Amarillo by Morning – Pale Ale now on shelves and available at our #nempls taproom! pic.twitter.com/Z9NpAmJ5JJ
— 612Brew (@612Brew) February 25, 2023
- CZCH PLZ – A Czech-style Pilsner with Saaz hops. 5.3% ABV, 36 IBU.
- Eight – Cold IPA number eight from Arbeiter is made with new experimental hop varieties and offers papaya, mandarin orange, orange zest, mango, apricot, guava, and resinous flavors. 6.9% ABV, 64 IBU.
- Hermanator – A malt-forward doppelbock for Lent, offering rich flavors of toffee, caramel, and raisin. 7.8% ABV.
Badger Hill Brewing Company
- Double Traitor IPA – “Double Traitor packs the punch of a double IPA and delivers the flavor of our flagship favorite,” Badger Hill says. Available at the taproom, in liquor stores, and at bars.
- Spring IPA – “New Zealand-grown Cascade provides a citrusy base, while dry hopping with Nectaron and Luminosa adds waves of guava, lemon-lime candy, and orange blossom. Oats and wheat in the grist contribute a soft pillowy background for this intense hop profile,” the brewery says of this seasonal hazy IPA. 6.5% ABV, 45 IBU.
Bent Paddle Brewing Co.
- Bundled – A 7.4% ABV, 27 IBU “cold weather ale” from the taproom’s Pilot system.
- Fruity Toots – A fruity sour ale with pineapple and blackberry notes.
We’ve finished canning Fruity Toots Sour 🍺
This tart and refreshing sour will be shipped around Minnesota and will be on tap and in stores soon! Keep your eyes out for this one 😋 pic.twitter.com/uJSEIrzSUs
— bentpaddlebeer (@bentpaddlebeer) February 23, 2023
- Night Goat – A double Czech-style dark lager at 10% ABV, 20 IBU. Taproom only.
Day Block Brewing Company
- 9th Anniversary Barrel Aged Brown Ale – Tapped in mid-February this big, limited beer has notes of sweet honey and oak, in addition to roast and dark fruit flavors.
- Chamo Citra Seltzer – A THC beverage made with chamomile and Citra hops. 5mg THC, non-alcoholic, and gluten-free. The cidery also sells Greenstoned THC Gummies and Raspberry White Chocolate THC Bites.
Elm Creek Brewing Co.
- Rejuvenator – “Brewed with Munich and Caramunich malts to produce a crisp full-bodied bock, with a pleasant aroma and warm caramel flavors, Elm Creek says,” describing this 7.25% ABV, 20 IBU doppelbock.
Fair State Brewing Cooperative
- KÖLD – A German Kölsch-inspired ale that debuted last year and now graduates to a year-round offering. Available in the taproom now and in liquor stores next week.
Fargo Brewing Company
- Kenny’s Lemonade – A radler-inspired offering, “Bursts of tangy lemon appear on the palate followed by a flavorful, light-bodied mouthfeel with a dry and tart finish,” Fargo Brewing says.
Firestone Walker Brewing Company
- Parabola – Back for 2023, this year’s version was aged in Blankton’s and Weller barrels and offers flavors of black cherry, dark chocolate, vanilla, and roast coffee–sold in 12-ounce bottles.
- Paraboloid – New this year, Paraboloid takes a base beer of Parabola, then aged in 20-year-old Elijah Craig bourbon barrels, adding complimentary notes of oak, fudge, and chocolate brownie.
- Freedom Toast
See you at 11 for Freedom Toast barrel-aged beer release, live linocuts, live music, and more! #rochmn #foragerbrewery pic.twitter.com/84BRvfnvu6
— Forager Brewery (@ForagerBrewery) February 25, 2023
Hacienda Beer Co.
- Time Is An Illusion – This dazy double IPA was made with Mosaic, Simcoe, and Azacca hops and pours at 8.0% ABV.
- Goat Prairie Bock – Available on Saturday, with a beer poking party to celebrate its release.
- Pommeau – A French-style pommeau cider fortified with apple brandy and barrel-aged for 18 months. Available at the cidery’s onsite wassail party this weekend.
Lakeville Brewing Co.
- Maibock – On tap today. 6.4% ABV.
- Sullivan’s Irish Red – Newly available and 5.9% ABV.
LocAle Brewing Company
- Sun Dog – A seasonal hazy, juicy pale ale with tropical fruit flavors. On draft and sold in 16-ounce cans.
Lupulin Brewing Company
Lupulin celebrates Big Beer Week from March 5-12 with seven bottle releases and even more draft options.
Sunday’s lineup includes:
- Adult Sophistication – A barleywine at 12.5% ABV.
- Antsy in Our Pantsy Blueberry Cinnamon Roll – A limited 11% ABV bourbon barrel-aged strong ale infused with maple syrup, blueberries, and cinnamon rolls.
- BA Lateralus Cacao & Vanilla – A Wild Turkey barrel-aged imperial stout with cacao and vanilla. 13.1% ABV.
- BA Polarnattens ’21 – An imperial coffee stout aged in Tattersall Aquavit barrels. 12% ABV.
- BA Polarnattens ’20 – A coffee and cacao barrel-aged imperial stout. 12.75% ABV.
- Belgian Quad – A 12% ABV Belgian-style quadrupel.
- Beverage Machines – A new triple IPA that is available in 16-ounce cans and 4-packs too. 10.5% ABV.
- Stormborn – An imperial brown ale with Brett, aged in red wine barrels. 12% ABV.
- Wee Heavy – A Scottish-style ale 8.8% ABV.
- Whiskey Nuts ’21 – An imperial brown ale aged in whiskey barrels. 12% ABV.
- SMaSH: Galaxy IPA An IPA single malt, single hop IPA featuring Galaxy hops.
- Damn You Engstrom – A limited stout with vanilla and tequila, tapped in limited supply last month.
- Graf – A beer-cider hybrid brewed in small batches, “We finished off our brewing process with fresh apple juice to give it a sweet finish,” says MetroNOME.
Mineral Springs Brewery
- Apricot Raspberry Sweere Sour
- Healing Hazy IPA – A 6% ABV hazy IPA with fruity notes. On tap now.
Modist Brewing Co.
- Get In Where You Fit In – An Arbeiter collaboration for International Women’s Day, this is a hibiscus lemon gose with coriander and sea salt. A portion of proceeds will benefit local emergency housing services. On tap this Saturday.
- Meet The Neighbors – A cold IPA with Citra, Mosaic, Simcoe, HBC 586, and Cryo Columbus hops, with Pilser malt and flaked corn, named as a nod to Bricksworth’s North Loop opening.
- Slow It Up – AN oak foeder-aged Pilsner with Cuell Melon, Triple Pearl, and Cryo Citra hops.
- Yummerz – A blueberry and guava sour ale.
Odell Brewing Co.
- OpenSnow – A limited release white IPA.
Rogue Ales & Spirits
Having recently released Dead Guy IPA, the Dead Guy lineup grows with the new Rogue Coffin Pack, featuring IPA, Dead Guy Ale, plus two new recipes:
- Dead Guy Pale Ale – “Dead Guy Pale Ale features El Dorado and Sabro hops to create a burst of tangerine and peach notes,” the brewery says. 5.5% ABV, 35 IBU.
- Dead Guy Pilsner – A pale gold Pilsner with subtle hop bitterness and a crisp finish. 5% ABV, 34 IBU.
Steel Toe Brewing
- IPA – A no-nonsense hop-forward 6.4% ABV IPA with juicy, fruity, and tropical flavors.
- Patio Magic Double IPA – “Aromas of candied orange, mango and guava give way to flavors of citrus blossom honey, mango, cherry cordial, white wine and papaya, the California brewery says of this new, limited beer. 8.8% ABV.
- No. 68 Red Lager – This is a take on a Franconian Rotbier, the brewery notes, made with German noble hops and rye malt, with slightly earthy, spicy flavors and notes of caramel, biscuit, toffee, and honey. 5.2% ABV.
Urban Forage Winery & Cider House
- Herban Haze – A lightly sparkling, pear-flavored THC beverage.
Urban Growler Brewing Company
- Irish-Style Dry Nitro Stout – Nots or toasted rye bread, bittersweet chocolate, and hints of caramel define this nitro pour 5.4% ABV, 30 IBU stout.
- Muni Franconian Landbier – An unfiltered, dark lager made with Isaria 1924 barley, plus Hallertau and Spalter hops.
- Amberweizen – “Waldmann’s Amberweizen is brewed with 50% wheat malt, giving it a uniquely crisp refreshing flavor. But the signature element to all hefeweizens is its top-fermenting, South Bavarian ale yeast, which gives this beer its subtle but signature hints of banana and clove,” the brewpub notes.
Wicked Wort Brewing Co.
- Nature Boy – Recently retapped in Robbinsdale.
- Peach Cobbler Ale
Wild Mind Ales
- Automatic Culture – A hazy double IPA with Centennial, Citra, Huell Melon hops and thiolized yeast.
- WLD WTR Infusions: Serenity / Peach Mango.
Wooden Hill Brewing Co.
The Edina brewery celebrates its fifth anniversary on Saturday with three special releases:
- Anniversary – Sold in bottles.
- Hard Seltzer – A new, limited flavor.
- Hard Seltzer Slushy
Have a new beer we should know about? Send the details to firstname.lastname@example.org for inclusion in Freshies.
Leave A Comment