New beers available this week across Minnesota
3rd Act Craft Brewery
- Cranberry Cooler
- Dunkelweizen – A German-style dark wheat ale.
Alloy Brewing Company
- The Brimley – A dark, thick, and smooth oatmeal stout that pours at 6.7% ABV, 31 IBU. Back on tap now.
Bad Habit Brewing Company
- Autumn Rites – An amber rye fall seasonal, available as of today.
- Full Melon Jacket – Imperial watermelon sour
- Get Luxy Wet Hop – A wet hop IPA made with hops grown by Luxy 13.
- Pau Hana – A tropical milkshake-style IPA that taps on Saturday.
Bad Weather Brewing Company
- Pils – Now in cans, now year round.
Badger Hill Brewing Company
- Cosmic Autumn Rebellion – “This pale-straw IPA opens with a dank, herbal nose and aromas of grapefruit and pine needles. Bright, citrusy hop flavors and medium bitterness shine against a clean, crisp malt backdrop,” the brewery says of its 5.8% ABV cold IPA.
- Espresso Porter – Available now and through the fall, this is a robust porter with espresso beans, offering malty chocolate and roast character with a coffee infusion. 5.3% ABV, 21 IBU. Also available in 6-packs.
- Dark Fatha: Ghost Pepper – On tap at the taproom’s Fall Festival on Saturday Oct. 8.
- DDH Loud 755 – On tap and in cans, this is a double dry-hopped New England-style IPA that blends Local 755 and Loud Pack: “Citra, Azacca, Galaxy, Amarillo, Mosaic & El Dorado rolled into an oowop of epic proportions,” says BlackStack.
- The Great Outdoors – A double IPA at 8.2% ABV, made with Idaho 7, Idaho 7 Cyro, and El Dorado hops. On draft and in cans.
Brau Brothers Brewing Co.
- Double Cross Pale Ale – 4.5% ABV, 10 IBU
- Hanks IIPA – 8.4% ABV, 96 IBU
- Ruby Red Grapefruit Pale Ale – 6% ABV, 40 IBU
Copper Trail Brewing Company
- Lunar Folly – A new employee series beer, this is a sweet stout with dark chocolate and coffee flavors.
- Trailside Pineapple Basil – Following Strawberry Basil, which launched the Trailside series, this 4.5% ABV cider has pineapple sweetness, “a kiss of tartness,” and a soft basil finish, the cidery says.
Fair State Brewing Cooperative
- Birthday Cake Seltzer – A pink, cake-flavored seltzer that tapped for Fair State’s recent 8th anniversary celebration/Oktoberfest.
The following beers are both on draft and sold in take-home 4-packs:
- Dad Hat Amber Ale – A bready and crisp German-style altbier brwed in collaboration with Lua Brewing (Des Moines, IA). 5.3% ABV.
- Eternal Shrug – 6.66% ABV sets the tone of this Cascadian dark ale with pine, resin, citrus pith, and dank character. Return of the black IPA.
- Who Touched The Thermostat?! – A wordy-titled West Coast-style IPA brewed with Simcoe, Strata, and Mosaic hops for pine, stonefruit, and citrus flavors along with dank and tropical notes. 7.1% ABV.
Falling Knife Brewing Company
- 365 Days Of Incidents – The anniversary triple dry-hopped triple IPA at 9.99% ABV to debut as the brewery celebrates with a day-long, music-filled party on Saturday. This IPA features a blend of HBC 586, Mango Cryo, Talus Lupomax, and Mosaic Cryo hops.
- Apple of Woe Double Barrel Wee Heavy – “Bourbon Barrel Aged and finished in Apple Brandy casks for a total of TWO FULL YEARS in barrels” Says the brewery, of this 17% ABV monster anniversary beer, available in 500ml bottles.
- Death’s Head Rye Whiskey Barrel Aged Pistachi-O Imperial Stout with Chocolate Sandwich Cookies, Pistachio and Vanilla – 14% ABV anniversary beer available in 500ml bottles.
- Free Play – Tapped last week, this is a hazy pale ale inspired by Orange Julius and named with a nod toward the taproom’s pinball arcade.
- Infinite Depths Mezcal Barrel Aged Imperial Margarita-style Cocktail Sour – Collab with Venn Brewing Co, 12% ABV anniversary beer available in 500ml bottles.
- Quiet Ride – A collaboration with Barrel Theory that came out in late September, this Clear IPA “melds the best citrus and dank notes from American IPAs with the juicy and tropical flavors from hazy IPAs,” Falling Knife says.
Hacienda Beer Co.
- Time Is An Illusion – A hazy double IPA made with Mosaic, Simcoe, and Azacca hops. 8.0% ABV.
Hop & Barrel Brewing Company Spring Valley
- Lactose Panda Chocolate Milk Stout – “This chocolate milk stout is smooth, creamy, and chocolatey, with just a slight sweetness. Available now in Hudson on nitro tap and in 6 packs to go,” the brewery says.
- Four Leaf Cleaver – “We cut through the haze to reveal a balanced, satisfying IIPA with a slightly creamy mouthfeel. A double dry hopping brings notes of citrus, juicy fruit, and pine,” Inbound says of its fall seasonal DIPA. 9% ABV, 82 IBU.
Klockow Brewing Company
- Skroob’s Salute – A schwarzbier served on nitro.
Lake Monster Brewing
- Pomegranate – A new wheat sour ale made with hibiscus flowers and pomegranate puree. On draft, in cans, and pink in color.
- Rare Species #4 – The latest Rare Species features El Dorado, Sultana, and Lotus hops, plus 2-Row, White Wheat, and Proximity Body Builder malts for notes of pineapple and orange peel.
Lake Of The Woods Brewing Company
- Forgotten Lake – A blueberry ale that tapped last month.
Lakes & Legends Brewing Company
- Hiii: Ginger Ale & Passionfruit THC Sparkling Water – Available at the brewery, this comes with 5pm THC, 5pm CBD, and 10 mg caffeine per serving.
Lift Bridge Brewing Company
- Vanilla Warden – On tap at the brewery’s Oktoberfest celebration this Saturday.
Little Thistle Brewing Co.
- Coconut Stout – A 6.3% ABV stout with smooth chocolate and coconut. On draft now and in Crowlers next week.
- Foreign Culture – A peach cobbler sour ale made with peach, cinnamon, vanilla, and marshmallow. 5% ABV.
- Grab(urschnitzel) – Oktoberfest lager, available on tap and sold in stores.
Lupulin Brewing Company
- Hose Monster – A whiskey barrel-aged imperial stout described as “Rich and smooth, with just a hint of sweetness from the barrels it sat in. A benefit beer made in collaboration with the Big Lake Fire Department. Bottles are available at the taproom. 12.12% ABV.
- S&M: Simcoe & Mosaic – One of two IPAs sold in the Bondage Box pack.
- S&M: Sultana & Motueka – Also sold in the Bondage box IPA pack.
- Blizzard of ’91 – A brown ale inspired by pumpkin and pecan pie. 5% ABV .
Sapsucker Farms Yellow Belly Cider
- Pineapple – A limited release cider that tapped in late September.
- Enjoy By 10.31.22 – Hazy IPA
Surly Brewing Co.
- Darkness – Saturday marks Darkness Day at Surly’s beer hall in Minneapolis for the first time. The bold and silky smooth imperial IPA will be available, as well as variants, 13, anniversary beers, and a variety of other special taps.
- 2022 Darkness
- 2022 Barrel Aged Darkness
- 2022 Ginger Snap Darkness
- 2022 Lumberjack Breakfast Darkness – Top Flight selection
- 2022 Raspberry Chocolate Torte Darkness
- 2022 Darkness Brewer’s Variant: Black Forest
- 2022 Darkness Brewer’s Variant: Irish Coffee
- 2022 Darkness Brewer’s Variant: Coquito
- 2022 Darkness Brewer’s Variant: Bourbon Barrel-Aged with Cold-Smoked Cherries
- Wet – On tap for Darkness Day this Saturday, as well as in Crowlers to-go.
Unmapped Brewing Co.
- Crystal Weizen – “We took a small amount of Das Bier is Bananas and aged it for a couple months in the same charred oak barrel used for Oaky Dokey (our oak-aged Lager). It’s the amazingness of the Hefe, but with a little wood/char character to it,” Unmapped says of this oag-aged hefeweizen. The oak barrel naturally filters out some cloudiness, hence the Kristallweizen designation
Venn Brewing Company
- El Diablo Picante – Batch #666 is a stout with chocolate, ancho chile, cinnamon, cayenne, and lactose and, fittingly, 6.66% ABV.
- Community Hops IPA – A 6.5% ABV West Coast-style IPA with a Nokomis twist, using fresh hops from the nearby namesake community garden. 6.5% ABV.
- Cosmosis Sour Fest – The mostly annual event is back, with Venn pouring flights of 8 sour ales all day on Saturday.
- Fresh Hop Northodox – Venn’s flagship hazy IPA, with this batch featuring fresh Citra, Simcoe, and Mosaic hops.
- Lunarising – A cold weather seasonal breakfast stout with coffee, chocolate, and vanilla to compliment its malt-derived toffee and molasses notes.
Wild Mind Ales
- Doomscrolling – An aromatic double IPA with notes of grapefruit, lime zest, passion fruit, and pink guava, pouring at 7.9% ABV.
- WLD WTR Infusions: Triple Berry – A new flavor of lightly fruited sparkling water infused with THC. Available in limited supply as of today.
Wild State Cider
- Pumpkin Pie Cider – A taproom-exclusive harvest cider made with apples, pumpkin, and real blended spices.
Wooden Hill Brewing Co.
- French River – The 6% ABV saison is back, defined by subtle white wine-esque notes, the brewery says. Also featured in the Brass Monkey mimosa beer cocktail.
- Hazer Beam – A juicy IPA in the Planet Hopper IPA series, showcasing a combination of El Dorado, Southern Passion, and HBC 568 hops. 6.4% ABV.
- Festbier – Made with Bavarian malt and tapped last month.
- Weizenbock Batch #100 – A very limited amount of this 8.2% tapped on Tuesday. “Not on the menu – so you will have to ask,” the brewery said on Tuesday.
Have a new beer we should know about? Send the details to email@example.com for inclusion in Freshies.