Photo via Dangerous Brewing Co.
Welcome to Beer Dabbler’s Freshies, our weekly rundown on the newest beers hitting the store shelves and taproom coolers in Minnesota from your favorite local and national breweries.
elebration and recognition abound in beer this week. Many breweries throughout Minnesota and the country have special beers brewed by their women employees, and many of those beers make sure to spread the good cheer by raising funds for good causes.
It’s also beginning to feel a bit like spring. Maybe not while ice skating down your local sidewalk, but at least when checking out tap handles that include blonde ales, radlers, and a growing supply of bocks.
Each week, the Beer Dabbler team highlights the most tantalizing new beers available across the state that we’re most excited to try. Check out these Top Flights at Dabbler Depot—Click on each image for stock levels.
Fair State Brewing Cooperative Kold Kolsch-Style Ale – KÖLD-STYLE is crisp, bright, and more hoppy than its European forebears. Fermented on the cool side and lagered cold, it sports a whisp of fruity ester. Stay KÖLD all summer with KÖLD-STYLE. 4.7% ABV
Drekker Brewing Co. Lizard People DIPA – Lizard People Double IPA brewed with a super secret blend of juicy hops with hints of ripe mango, berries, and interstellar lizards in people suits. 8.5% ABV
Baldman Brewing Co. Hazy Shde of Winter Brown Ale – Brown ale brewed with natural hazelnut extract, creating the perfect winter brew. 5.7% ABV
Indeed Brewing Co. Lavender Sunflower Honey Dates – A kaleidoscopic spiral of Lavender, Sunflower honey, and Dates, L.S.D. sets the stage for a mind-bending beer experience as electrifying floral aromas dance atop rich notes of fruit and honey. 7.2% ABV
Ursa Minor Badass Warrior Goddess Hazy IPA – This New England IPA is crisp, pillowy-smooth, and light-bodied with citrus notes and hints of melon, this one is incredibly refreshing! 5.8% ABV
The beers in this gallery are now available for purchase at Dabbler Depot, 1545 7th St W, St. Paul, MN 55102
New beers available this week across Minnesota
Looking for a taste of these great new beers? The icon indicates beers available at Dabbler Depot. Keep in mind—stock is limited! Check dabblerdepot.com or text (651)-802-2112 for availability.
- Empower Sour Vol. lV
Today is the day! Empower Sour vol. lV has finally arrived.
Betty Danger will also be bringing us some music during the event!
And if you haven't stocked up yet on girl scout cookies.. have no fear, there will be Girl Scouts joining us from 4PM-7PM pic.twitter.com/GXXFwkRrbl
— 10K Brewing (@10kbrewing) March 3, 2023
Badger Hill Brewing Company
- Irish Red – Tapped yesterday.
- We’re Not Waiting – A collaborative beer with Team Nevertheless, a group of Minnesota women brewers, made this beer, on tap as of this Wednesday.
Boom Island Brewing Company
- Pink Boots Hazy IPA – A hazy IPA with the Pink Boots Society hop blend of Loral, Ekuanot, and HBC 586. “Our IPA is very citrus and tropical fruit forward, with floral and stone fruit notes,” the brewery says. Tapped on Wednesday.
- Tawny Irish Red – A balanced Irish-style red ale.
Dangerous Man Brewing Company
- Belgian Dark Strong – A new barrel-aged beer available today in 750-milliliter bottles, this is a Belgian-style dark strong ale aged in toast-charred oak bourbon barrels.
- Blueberry Maple Double Stout – One of three cellared barrel-aged beers on tap this week only, the beer name sums it up well. 11% ABV.
- House IPA – House IPA “The latest version of this tap staple is hopped with Azacca, Amarillo, and Hallertau Blanc. Smooth, bright, with citrusy lemon notes, crisp, low bitterness and smooth,” the brewery says. 7.4% ABV.
- Imperial Peanut Butter Pudding Porter – A cellared, limited barrel-aged beer on draft this week only. 13% ABV.
- Passionate Dragons – “Passionate Dragons is a fierce fruited IPA! $1 of every pour, pint, crowler, and growler will be donated to the Annex Teen Clinic, Dangerous Man explains.”
- Plumberry Tart – “It’s big, it’s fruity, and the perfect ratio of sweet and tart,” says Dangerous Man, of this 8% ABV beer made with plums, blackberries, boysenberries, Mosaic Cryo hops, and vanilla beans.
- Stargate Mango Orange Milkshake IPA – Mango, orange, guava, vanilla, lactose, and mango hop terpenes combine with a base of wheat, oats, and thiolized yeast go into this Karben 4 collaboration beer.
- White Russian Imperial Stout – The final listing of three limited barrel-aged beers brought from the cellar and on draft at the brewery this week only. This stout was aged in bourbon barrels and conditions on coffee, roasted hazelnuts, and vanilla. 12.5% ABV.
Earth Rider Brewery
Multiple bock taps are flowing at the brewery’s two-day bock poking festival this weekend.
- Haakon Honey Bock – A smooth lager with toasted malt flavor and floral and honey notes. 7.0% ABV, 22 IBU.
- High Bridge – “High Bridge Helles Bock is golden in color with a sweet and toasty malt aroma. Malt-forward flavor with honey tones [and a] balanced finish,” the brewery says. 6.8% ABV, 33 IBU.
- Navigator – The malt-forward doppelbock is back. This beer is amber in color with toasty caramel flavors and pours at 8.5% ABV, 35 IBU.
Fair State Brewing Cooperative
- Smell Test – A new hazy IPA, available at Fair State and liquor stores, made with the new Hopsteiner Experimental 17701, and YCH Cryo Pop, with flavors of pineapple and additional tropical fruits.
The Lonely Blonde mixed pack is back. Featuring the original namesake beer, plus three variants:
- Blackberry Lonely Blonde – A new variant of the flagship Fulton blonde ale.
- Grapefruit Lonely Blonde – Returning from last year.
- Tropical Lonely Blonde – Returning from last year.
Great Lakes Brewing Co.
- Vibacious – A new double IPA.
Vibacious Double IPA is available now at the @glbcbrewpub and gift shop. Find it everywhere we distribute beginning March 6. Learn more: https://t.co/ewxFOyrYtE pic.twitter.com/Pvag6YGdQI
— GreatLakesBrewingCo. (@GLBC_Cleveland) March 2, 2023
- Off Leash Vienna Lager – “A light copper colored lager with a wonderful toasty malt character and light floral hops. Named after the time our dear dog friend Bea went on a walkabout around Northfield,” the brewery reminisces while speaking of its 5.3% ABV, 21 IBU lager.
Invictus Brewing Co.
- Ahhhroma Effect – A new hazy IPA, available in cans.
New Beer pic.twitter.com/qFZxYS63jG
— InvictusBrewingCo (@InvictusBrewCo) February 27, 2023
- Blarney Brothers – On tap, this red ale offers soft bready notes with a touch of caramel.
☘️🍻St. Patty's Day is right around the corner and we are bringing back Blarney Brothers Red Ale- an easy drinking red ale w/ soft bready notes & a touch of caramel to round out the flavor- pours deep amber in color w/ a creamy white head #LuckoftheIrish 🍻☘️ pic.twitter.com/3eWUpEF8VC
— InvictusBrewingCo (@InvictusBrewCo) March 2, 2023
Lift Bridge Brewing Co.
- Irish Coffee Stout – Out now, this annual release is a creamy milk stout blended with whiskey barrel-aged imperial stout and finished with coffee. 7.6% ABV. It’s a featured beer at the brewery’s upcoming St. Patrick’s Day party on Saturday.
- Mega Bass – On tap at both taproom locations, this is a limited imperial stout, rested on vanilla beans and finished with toasted coconut and cacao nibs, and aged in bourbon barrels. Bottles can be purchased exclusively in New Richmond, WI.
- Phantastic Lager – Brewed by the women of Lift Bridge (all job positions), this is a lager with Phantasm powder, boosting the tropical fruit-like hop notes atop a light-bode, easy-drinking lager. 5% ABV. A portion of the proceeds will be donated to local charities.
Lost Sanity Brewing
- BigDelia Red – A red ale with caramel notes and light dry-hopping. One dollar from each pint is donated to local first responders.
Lupulin Brewing Company
Big Beer Week wraps up at both Lupulin taprooms. This week’s special beers, listed in order of their release date, include:
- Barrel God ’23: Russel’s Reserve – Sold in 330-milliliter bottles, this is a 14% BV imperial stout aged in Russel’s Reserve 10-Year Bourbon barrels. On sale as of this Monday.
Monday draft list: BA William the Conqueror, Barrel God ’17, William the Conqueror
- Barrel God ’23: 1792 – Sold in 330-milliliter bottles on Tuesday, this is an imperial stout aged in 1792 Bourbon barrels and pouring 14.6% ABV.
Tuesday draft list: Barrel God ’20, Whiskey Nuts ’22: Tattersall, Whiskey Nuts ’22: Woodford Reserve
- Rye Nutz ’23 – A 12% ABV blend of three different barrel-aged Whiskey Nutz. Sold in 750-milliliter bottles and on sale as of Wednesday.
Wednesday draft list: Chocolate Orange Demigod, Whiskey Nuts ’18, Whiskey Nuts ’20
- Pumpkin Spice Demigod – A barrel-aged blend of imperial stouts and imperial brown ales. 12.8% ABV and sold in 330-milliliter bottles on Thursday.
Thursday draft list: BA Chocolate Truffle, BA Eastern Sea, BA Snozzberry Lateralus
- Demigod ’23 – A blend of three oak barrel-aged imperial stouts, sold in 330-milliliter bottles beginning today. 13.8% ABV.
Friday draft list: Coconut Vanilla Demigod, Whiskey Demigod ’20
- Barrel God Cuvee 2023 – A blend of four barrel-aged beers, sold in 750-milliliter bottles on Saturday. 13.4% ABV.
Saturday draft list: Barrel God ’21: 4 Roses, Barrel God Cuvee ’20/’21/’22 Blend, Barrel God Cuvee 2023
- BA Cinnamon Coffee Dreams – This blend of barrel-aged imperial stouts and imperial brown ales has added cinnamon, coffee, and Mexican vanilla beans. Sold in 330-milliliter bottles beginning on Sunday. 12.6% ABV.
Sunday draft list: Barrel God ’22: Islay Scotch, Barrel God ’22: Rum
Moose Lake Brewing Company
- Happy Water: Cranberry Apple
Nine Mile Brewing
- Eugene’s Pre-Prohibition Lager – “American 6-row barley and malted corn make up most of the malt bill, helped along with some 2-row Czech style pilsner and Great Chit malt for the added body to stand up to a formidable hop presence that you don’t see in today’s light lagers,” Nine Mile says. 5.8% ABV.
- Home Improvements – A juicy IPA with elements of American IPA and New England styles, brewed in collaboration with Lakes & Legends and Habitat For Humanity. A portion of the proceeds will be donated to Twin Cities Habitat For Humanity.
- Terpz & Tropz – Expect big tropical flavors in this pale ale with terpenes, combining for notes of mango, Sauv Blanc, and more, the brewery says.
- Mashin’ Bangers – A 5.3% ABV English-style porter with malt and light coffee flavors.
Number 12 Cider
- Fieldwork – A saison with fruity apple and pear notes, along with light tartness, earthy spice, and a gentle, bitter finish. 7.5% ABV.
- Foggy Dream – “Saturated flavors of mango, lychee, strawberry, and apricot ride on a soft fluffy body built of oats wheat and pilsner” in a hazy, New England-style IPA, the brewery says. 7.1% ABV.
- Hidden Gem – A hazy pale ale with bright pineapple and citrus, along with additional notes of mango and passion fruit. 6.3% ABV.
- Vienna – A copper-hued Vienna-style lager with toasted, toffee flavors with a medium body and dry finish, the brewery notes. 5% ABV.
- Straight River – A dry cider with flavors of underripe strawberry and melon rind, made with traditional European Dabinett, Kingston Black, and Yarlington Mill bittersweet apples. 7.8% ABV.
- Also Bort – The 9% ABV Belgian-style tripel is back.
Outstate Brewing Co.
- Shore Lunch Shandy – The radler is back now, both on draft and in cans.
- Strawberry Peach Ring Sour
Pryes Brewing Co.
- Heloise – A maibock with malt-forward notes of caramel and bread, brewed by the women of Pryes and tapped on Wednesday, International Women’s Day.
Happy Women’s History Month!
We have some exciting news to share with you. The women of Pryes got together and brewed a beer to be released on International Women's Day.
This brew is a caramely, malty, and bready Maibock — Heloise. Look for it on March 8! pic.twitter.com/pyInjLW7Lm
— Pryes Brewing Co. (@PryesBrewing) March 1, 2023
- 19th Amendment – A new altbier, tapped on International Women’s Day (this Wednesday).
Surly Brewing Co.
- BA Darkness 2023 – “This year’s edition of Barrel-Aged Darkness was matured entirely in Elijah Craig 12-year-old barrels. The decadent waves of chocolate, vanilla, dried fruit, and cherry are emphasized and enhanced by the oak and bourbon character of the barrel,” the brewery says of this heavy hitter.
This year’s edition of Barrel-Aged Darkness was matured entirely in Elijah Craig 12-year-old barrels. The decadent waves of chocolate, vanilla, dried fruit, and cherry are emphasized and enhanced by the oak and bourbon character of the barrel. Now available to all Surly markets! pic.twitter.com/9K48IMI0Aw
— surlybrewing (@surlybrewing) March 6, 2023
Waconia Brewing Company
- Bock – The featured beer at the brewery’s first Bockfest, this Saturday. Bock is a malt-forward lager, with caramelizing hot poker options during the 12-8 pm event.
- Doppelbock – A German-style malt-forward lager with caramel notes. The brewery hosts a beer poking this Saturday.
Wild Mind Ales
- Sunken Cathedral – Sweet blackberries, acidic lime, plus marshmallow and vanilla are all combined in this smoothie-style sour ale from Wild Mind, available only in liquor stores.
- Zwickel Kiss – A 4.2% ABV kellerbier made with Eraclea Pilsner and Carafoam, plus Tettnanger and Hersbrucker hops.
Wooden Hill Brewing Co.
- Batch 395 – A 6% ABV juicy IPA that was tapped for the brewery’s fifth anniversary last weekend, featuring tropical fruit flavors derived from Nectaron hops.
- Five – Released for the Edina brewery’s fifth anniversary last week, this is a robust 10.5% ABV porter fermented with maple syrup and aged in bourbon barrels.
- Grand – A 4.5% ABV Irish-style dry stout served on nitro in advance of the brewery’s St. Patrick’s Day celebration.
Have a new beer we should know about? Send the details to email@example.com for inclusion in Freshies.
Leave A Comment